During the pandemic all in-person classes are delivered live online. You can retake the course in-person at no cost once our classrooms reopen. See how live online training works in this brief video.
All classes include
Certificate of Completion
Microsoft Excel Class Online March 6, 2023 Introduction
Excel Class - Introduction
In the introductory Excel class learn to become more efficient with managing, organizing, presenting and evaluating data. Discover how to navigate the user interface and quickly move into data entry and calculations including averages, sums, and counts. Find out how to use autofill and the quick access tool bar to save time. Understand how to use formatting to change appearance, the case of text, or remove certain characters. Discover ways to format text and cells automatically, such as positive cells appear green and negative in red. Explore how to create charts to visualize and summarize data. Learn to manage multiple Excel sheets as well as share documents through printing and exporting.
Introductory Excel Class Topics Covered
Topics covered in the introductory Microsoft Excel course include the following:
Getting Started with Excel
- Getting to know the Excel Interface: learn to navigate within the Excel interface to access commands and functions.
- Data Entry using Excel: Understand various ways of entering data into an Excel file.
Using Excel Formulas
- Autofill in Excel: Learn to use Excel's predictive data entry
- Excel Calculations: Use excel for mathematical expressions
- True / False: Learn to have Excel test for matching data using true/false
- Functions in Excel: Discover essential AutoSum functions including: Sum, Average, Max, Min, and Count Numbers
- Excel’s Text Functions: Learn to use functions to modify text
- Multi-Input Functions: Learn advanced functions that require multiple inputs
- Constant (Absolute) Cell References: Learn to create constant cell references when required for calculations
Formatting Worksheets in Excel
- Formatting Excel sheets and content: Learn to provide visual cues to those reviewing sheets with formatting.
- Using the Format Painter in Excel: Learn to duplicate formatting from one cell to others.
- Applying Conditional Formatting: Discover how to apply formatting depending upon rules relating to content.
Working with Charts in Excel
- Understanding chart types
- Creating Line Chart: Create a line charts and spark lines to represent data visually.
- Column Charts using Excel: Learn to create column charts for data visualization.
- Pie Charts in Excel: Discover how to create pie charts for data visualization.
- Customizing charts: Adjusting charts to meet your design requirements.
- Creating Tables: Understand the functionality available when data is presented as a table.
Excel Workbook Management
- Printing & Exporting from Excel: Understand ways to easily print or convert Excel content to PDF.
- Using Multiple Worksheets in Excel: Learn to organize data by creating, moving, copying and managing Excel worksheets.
- Using Repeat Action: Learn to quickly duplicate prior actions in Excel.
- Saving Time with Excel Shortcuts: Discover shortcuts that save time and help you to work more efficiently.