All Excel classes include
Certificate of Completion
Microsoft Excel Class Online October 10, 2023 Introduction
Excel class - Introduction
In the introductory Excel class, learn to become more efficient with managing, organizing, presenting and evaluating data. Discover how to navigate the user interface and quickly move into data entry and calculations including averages, sums, and counts. Find out how to use autofill and the quick access tool bar to save time. Understand how to use formatting to change appearance, the case of text, or remove certain characters. Discover ways to format text and cells automatically, such as positive cells appear green and negative in red. Explore how to create charts to visualize and summarize data. Learn to manage multiple Excel sheets as well as share documents through printing and exporting. This is the perfect Excel class for beginners or those who use Excel but have no formal Excel training.
Introductory Excel class topics covered:
Topics covered in the introductory Microsoft Excel course include the following:
Getting started with Excel
Understand various ways of entering data in Excel. Find out how to use multiple worksheets in Excel, and learn to organize data by creating, moving, copying, and managing Excel worksheets. Find out how to work more efficiently by using repeat actions in Excel to duplicate prior actions quickly. Find out how to save time using Excel Shortcuts as you discover keyboard shortcuts that save time and help you to work more efficiently.
Getting to know the workspace
- Understanding the Excel interface
- Data entry using Excel
- Moving around a worksheet using keyboard shortcuts
- Editing in the formula bar
- Using AutoFill
- Naming worksheets and saving the workbook
Creating a worksheet in Excel
Understand various ways of entering data in Excel and printing from Excel as you learn how to easily print or convert Excel content to PDF. Find out how to use multiple worksheets in Excel, and learn to organize data by creating, moving, copying, and managing Excel worksheets. Find out how to work more efficiently by using repeat actions in Excel to quickly duplicate prior actions. Find out how to save time using Excel Shortcuts as you discover keyboard shortcuts that save time and help you to work more efficiently.
- Creating a worksheet
- Selecting cells, ranges, collections, rows, and columns
- Inserting/deleting rows and columns
- Inserting, deleting, hiding, copying, and moving worksheets
Formatting in Excel
Learn about formatting Excel sheets and content. Learn to visually distinguish specific text and numbers by applying formatting. Learn how to use the Format Painter in Excel: Learn to duplicate formatting from any cell and apply it to others. Applying Conditional Formatting: Discover how to apply formatting depending upon rules relating to content.
- Formatting text, dates, and numbers
- Changing column width and row height
- Editing cell alignment
- Using cell styles
- Applying borders and using shading
- Using the Format Painter in Excel
- Applying conditional formatting
- Applying themes
- Using text functions
- Creating and using templates
Working with charts
Learn to create line charts and sparklines to represent data visually. Find out about various chart types, including creating Column Charts using Excel as you learn to create column charts for data visualization. Discover how to create pie charts for data visualization.
- Understanding chart types
- Creating a chart
- Customizing a chart
- Printing a chart from a chart sheet or a sheet
- Using Sparklines
Working with formulas and functions
Learn to create Excel calculations, formulas, and functions, including using Excel formulas to perform mathematical expressions.
Use True / False in Excel to check for matching data. Find out how to use Excel Functions, including AutoSum and text functions that can modify text based on input values. Also, learn about multi-Input Functions, which require multiple inputs and Constant Cell References that can be used for calculations.
- Creating formulas
- Using the order of operations in formulas
- Using functions in Excel, including SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT and IF
- Understanding cell references
- Using formula auditing to edit formulas and functions
- Printing your spreadsheet
- Protecting your workbook
Why Excel classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Excel quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Excel training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Excel experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Excel class at no cost.