UX Design Class Online May 12, 2017 Introduction
UX Class: UX Design Principles
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In this UX course you'll gain an understanding of user experience design principles. This UX class provides the skills necessary to create outstanding user experiences. From brainstorming a UX strategy, to structuring a website or application based upon scenarios, to testing your user interface (UI), and incorporating feedback, this UX training workshop provides a strong foundation for creating user-centered designs. In this class you'll discover how to ensure that your users have a great experience, whether they use your application or website online, a tablet, or smartphone. In this UX workshop you'll learn about user experience and how to incorporate design that is well-structured into your projects.
UX Course Outline for Introduction to User Experience Design Principles
Lesson 1: UX design overview
How to incorporate essential design principles into your app or website.
- How design relates to usability and UX
- How usability relates to success of apps and websites
- Choosing a course project: your own app, website, or a concept
Lesson 2: Planning the UX of your app or website
An overview of the typical UX design workflow.
- Understanding the typical UX design workflow
- Creating scenarios to understand user needs
- Defining features
- Sketching navigation
- Creating basic information architecture
Lesson 3: UX design fundamentals
Discover online design fundamentals that help your users reach their goals.
- Basic design principles for a better user experience
- Principles of typography for UX
- Form considerations
Lesson 4: Sketching your screens for user experience
Using UX design fundamentals to build successful screens.
- Building the layout of your app or website
- Working in an iterative UX process
Lesson 5: Building a UX prototype
Training for creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity UX prototypes.
- Gathering input and reaction
- Narrowing the scope of the project
- Evolving the design
Lesson 6: Building a wireframe
Creating the layout for your app or website.
- Understanding what makes a good wireframe
- Creating an interactive wireframe
Lesson 7: Documentation, validation, and user testing
Testing designs and communicating UX with a development team.
- Final visual design and redlines
- Types of UX testing
- Creating clear and useful documentation