Reviews of our Web Accessibility training class - Introduction
Web Accessibility training class - Introduction - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 8 reviewers
"Useful accessibility workshop. This allows me to return to work with information to meet the many requirements for our agency site. Thanks." - Emily WSee all reviews for Web Accessibility Training Classes
All Web Accessibility classes include
Certificate of Completion
Web Accessibility training class - Introduction
Web Accessibility Training Class - Introduction
In this introductory Web Accessibility course, you’ll learn how to create websites that meet standards for accessibility, including Section 508 and WCAG, or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and provide the best possible user experience. Discover what makes a site accessible, why it’s important, and how to create content and navigation that follows legal standards and best practices. This class is intended for web designers and/or anyone needing to create accessible pages. This course is suitable for web designers or web developers who need to follow web accessibility requirements. Class participants are expected to have an understanding of HTML and CSS. For managers wishing to understand the strategy, planning, and compliance requirements, see the web accessibility for managers course.
What you learn in this introductory live Web Accessibility course
- Understand the importance of making the Web accessible to all
- Get acquainted with the policies governing accessibility
- Recognize the technologies used to create accessibility
- Appreciate the technologies used by disabled individuals
- Follow best practices for creating accessible web content
- Consider the role of navigation in fostering web accessibility
Ways to attend this Web Accessibility course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule
Private Web Accessibility classes for companies and groups
This Web Accessibility class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn Web Accessibility at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web Accessibility by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Web Accessibility training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Web Accessibility.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching [agi:category_short_name] courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Web Accessibility Training Class: Introductory Course Topics
Lesson 1: The importance of web accessibility
- What is web accessibility?
- Benefits for those with and without disabilities
- Components of web accessibility
- Myths about web accessibility
- Technical and financial benefits
Lesson 2: Understanding web accessibility policies
- Public policy and accessibility
- Problems with accessibility
- Compliance and discrimination
- WCAG, Section 508, and ADA
- Understanding Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- WCAG Principle 1 - Perceivable
- WCAG Principle 2 - Operable
- WCAG Principle 3 - Understandable
- WCAG Principle 4 - Robust
Lesson 3: Using accessible web technologies
- HTML and XHTML
- Media Players
- XML and XSL
Lesson 4: Using assistive technologies
- Screen readers
- Talking and text-only browsers
- Screen magnification
- Website accessibility analysis
- Browser settings for testing
- Toolbars and favelets
Lesson 5: Creating accessible website content
- Guidelines for development
- Text equivalents for images
- Text equivalents for audio
- Making color accessible
- Creating accessible web tables
- Addressing flicker
Lesson 6: Building accessible website navigation
- Navigation considerations
- Reading order
- Heading navigation
- Skip navigation links
- Accessible frames
- Accessible image maps
- Layout and navigation
- Accessible web links
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web Accessibility questions.
An understanding of HTML and CSS is necessary before starting this website accessibility course.
Exceptional Web Accessibility course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Web Accessibility course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Web Accessibility class at no additional cost for one year.
Web Accessibility FAQ
Do I receive a Web Accessibility certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Web Accessibility class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Web Accessibility questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Web Accessibility.
Does this Web Accessibility class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Web Accessibility classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Web Accessibility class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Web Accessibility class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.