Reviews of our UX prototyping training
UX prototyping training - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 128 reviewers
"I learned a lot about the UX process from the course. Great teacher." - Tina CSee all reviews for UX Classes
All UX classes include
Certificate of Completion
UX prototyping training
UX prototyping training
Whether you create websites, mobile apps, line of business apps, or games, you'll benefit from this UX prototyping course. Learn how to reduce the time to build, while improving the experience for your users. This one-day rapid prototyping UX course is suitable for anyone involved in the app design and development process, including: business analysts, UX designers, application developers, web developers, and product managers. Because the course is focused on process rather than a specific platform, it is applicable whether creating apps running on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, Chrome, or HTML5.
In this UX prototyping class participants:
- Learn rapid prototyping testing concepts to apply before making large investments in final UX design.
- Discover how to easily and quickly build low-fidelity prototypes using both analog and digital prototyping methods.
- Find out how to use rapid prototyping and UX principles to reduce development time while improving the experience of users.
No previous experience with any specific UX prototyping tool is required. This course is suitable for those designing or managing development of websites, mobile apps, or desktop apps.
This UX prototyping class is a one-day course that allows attendees to create and follow-through a project from start to prototype. Students can choose an app or website, or focus on a work-related project for this class. Many companies organize group training for this course, which makes both a great learning experience, as well as a team-building opportunity.
If you have questions about this rapid prototyping UX class, or are interested in a private or customized rapid prototyping ux course, call to speak with a training consultant: 781-376-6044.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
UX prototyping training - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
- Discovering the importance of user research and methods
- Building your prototype based upon valid scenarios
- Finding design issues early
- Improving a design concept quickly
- Easily comparing design variations
- Gathering design feedback earlier in the process
- Encouraging collaboration
- Working with more complex iterations
- A scenario represents a possible situation
- An imagined sequence of possible events
- An imagined set of circumstances that help a user reach a goal
- The UI on your screen
- Scenario vs feature
- Base on scenarios and user goals
- Building a rough information structure
- Building and testing the app or website navigation
- Testing your navigation
- Iterating your structure
- Visual design essentials
- Spacing and proportions
- Type hierarchy
- Low-fidelity solutions
- Testing your prototype
- Use of interactive prototyping tools such as Balsamiq
- Introduction to Balsamiq Mock-ups
- Building your UI
- Creating interactively
- Exporting interactive PDFs
- Collecting feedback
UX Prototypng prerequisites
Previous experience in the UX field or work in app or web development is useful. Those without prior experience should attend the UX design course before attending the UX prototyping class.
You can expand your skills and validate your user experience knowledge using the ISO international standard for UX certification. Learn more about UX Certification.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this rapid prototyping UX class developed by the UX instructors at American Graphics Institute. AGI instructors have authored many design and creative technology books, including the Digital Classroom series of books. Design tools that allow for the creation of prototypes are also provided.