Reviews of our UX Design course
UX Design course - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 128 reviewers
"I learned a lot about the UX process from the course. Great teacher." - Tina CSee all reviews for UX classes
All UX classes include
Certificate of Completion
UX Design course
UX Design course
Once the structure of the content has been prioritized, participants sketch and prototype their design. All along the way, iteration and testing are implemented so as to learn how to incorporate feedback from others.
This UX design class provides a strong foundation for creating user-centered designs, whether in web design, app design, interface, or product design.
This UX design course teaches core principles of UX information and visual design and is suitable for designers, developers, business analysts, product managers, and more. This class offers the opportunity to gain a strategic understanding of user experience and how it is impacted by the structure of content and hierarchy of information, as well as how information is displayed on a screen or device. Previous UX training or UX design experience is not required prior to attending this foundational UX design course. This UX design course can be taken on its own, or it can serve as the starting point for the UX Certificate program offered by American Graphics Institute. In this UX design course, participants:
- Discover the foundational principles of UX design necessary for creating successful user experiences.
- Understand the typical user experience design process by working on your app or website concept.
- Find out how research drives your final UX design.
- See how to align user needs to content on your screens.
- Work towards creating a successful information architecture.
- Use hands-on exercises to explore space, form, and function as they apply to successful UX design on every platform and device.
- Gain experience in UX planning and prototyping as part of the UX design course.
- Learn UX design from UX professionals who bring practical, real-world experience into the classroom.
See all course topics
Ways to attend this UX Design course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private UX design class, online or in-person at your location: contact us to schedule or call 781-376-6044
Why learn UX Design at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn UX by doing with our proven method to quickly gain skills.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered UX training to thousands.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are the best-in-class with UX and are skilled UX professionals and educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
UX Design course - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Overview of topics covered in this UX Design course
- Learn core principles of UX design
- Find out how better user experiences drive profits
- Learn how to use design thinking techniques in order to create better solutions
- Discover tools and methods for better collaboration
- Learn how to plan a UX design strategy and process
- Discover how the design of the past affects current design
- Find out how to apply design aesthetics in order to create powerful visual design solutions
- Practice essential UX and UI design principles
- Understanding how to implement the hierarchy and structure of your interactive system
- Experiment with text hierarchy
- Create low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate your solution
- Build a wireframe for UX Design
- Learn how to test your product and discover valuable feedback
- Find out how to work with development
UX Design Course: Introduction to User Experience Design Principles course outline
Lesson 1: UX design overview
How to incorporate essential design principles into your app or website.
- How design relates to usability and UX
- How usability relates to success of apps and websites
- Choosing a course project: your own app, website, or a concept
Lesson 2: Planning the UX of your app or website
An overview of the typical UX design workflow.
- Understanding the typical UX design workflow
- Applying design thinking techniques in order to brainstorm and collaborate
- Creating personas and scenarios to understand user needs
- Defining features
- Sketching navigation
- Creating basic information architecture
Lesson 3: UX design fundamentals
Discover online design fundamentals that help your users reach their goals.
- Basic design principles for a better user experience
- Principles of typography for UX
- Form considerations
Lesson 4: Sketching your screens for user experience
Using UX design fundamentals to build successful screens.
- Building the layout of your app or website
- Working in an iterative UX process
Lesson 5: Building a UX prototype
Training for creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity UX prototypes.
- Gathering input and reaction
- Narrowing the scope of the project
- Evolving the design
Lesson 6: Building a wireframe
Creating the layout for your app or website.
- Understanding what makes a good wireframe
- Creating an interactive wireframe
Lesson 7: Documentation, validation, and user testing
Testing designs and communicating UX with a development team.
- Final visual design and redlines
- Types of UX testing
- Creating clear and useful documentation
Custom and private UX classes
This UX course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. UX classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
There are no prerequisites for this UX design class. This course is suitable for all levels of UX designers, business analysts, product managers, or developers.
UX Design course length
This UX design class is two-days in length and is available in our classrooms with a live instructor in the same room, or on other dates as a live online class.
UX Design certification
You can expand your skills and seek to validate your user experience knowledge using the ISO international standard for UX design certification. Learn more about UX Design Certification.
Exceptional UX course materials
Our proprietary UX curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. You will receive comprehensive UX design course materials as well as a sketchbook, pencils, and supplies when attending this UX class. UX course materials are developed by Jennifer Smith, a highly skilled user experience designer and educator.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class you can repeat the UX class at no additional cost for one year.
Private UX classes for companies and groups
This UX class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044.
Do I receive a UX certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a UX class
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific UX questions answered in the class
Yes, as a live class you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using UX.
Does this UX class include job placement support
AGI provides job support only when UX classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this UX class for Mac or Windows
You can attend this UX class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.
Is this Figma course for beginners?
Yes, this introduction to Figma class is for beginners as well as for those with previous experience but no formal training who are looking to understand both the workflow and functionality to work more efficiently.