Reviews of our Design Thinking Course
Design Thinking Course - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 128 reviewers
"I learned a lot about the UX process from the course. Great teacher." - Tina CSee all reviews for UX Courses & UX Training
All UX classes include
Certificate of Completion
Design Thinking Course
Design Thinking Course
This design thinking class helps participants discover the importance of converting relevant and insightful information into effective products and meaningful visual design. Attendees discover creative thinking processes that help them focus on key messages and ideas that resonate with their audience and produce tangible results. This workshop teaches a framework of the human-centered design process.
This design thinking class includes many hands-on exercises and projects. For groups and organizations, the design thinking course is available as a private workshop which can be designed to adapt to your workflows and include relevant sample projects.
Audience for design thinking course
The design thinking course is suitable for both design and non design roles. Participants include designers, video professionals, creative directors, software developers, product managers, business analysts, client services professionals, account managers, and anyone that needs to take ideas and convert them into effective designs and products.
Questions about the design thinking class? Interested in a private or customized training? Call to speak with a training consultant: 781-376-6044.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Design thinking principles
Discover how to go beyond typical constraints and recognize solutions and success through various interactive exercises. Topics include:
- Adjusting your attitude
- Challenging assumptions
- Deferring judgment
- Breaking traditional rules
- Taking risks, making mistakes.
- Giving and and receiving criticism
Research: the foundation of all great design thinking solutions
Learn to recognize the needs of users, their goals, typical scenarios, environments and more. Topics include:
- Overview of the processes for discovering user needs
- Interviews, surveys, journey mapping and more
- Creating scenarios and stories to understand goals
- Converting research into usable information
Discovery in the design thinking process
Find out how to use design thinking artifacts:
- Using iterative and interactive methods to map ideas
- Discovering important ideas through brainstorming
- Finding out what your product can do best and promoting it
- Understanding goals, and how to achieve tangible results
Converting content into information design
Defining what information is most important for the users to complete their goals.
- Prioritizing design elements, eliminating distractions
- Iterative processes you can use to share your information with your team
- Discovering how to eliminate distractions and focus on the most important content
- Building relevant content based upon goals
Converting ideas to visual design
Discover design fundamentals that help users reach their goals. In this section, attendees discover how to build clean simple designs based upon the concepts of the International typographic style. The history of design, as it applies to modern design is covered in a manner that helps the attendees have more confidence in their design decisions and recognize good design.
- Discover the importance of sketching and iteration
- Understanding that there is a reason for every element in the design
- Keeping distractions at a minimum
- Create designs using easily accessible resources
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Defending design decisions with confidence
Recommended tools for design thinking course
- Pencil, paper
- Access to Google suite of apps
- Free trial subscriptions to Lucid Chart, Balsamiq Mockups
You will receive a comprehensive course materials for this class developed by the instructors at AGI.