Reviews of our Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects
Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 27 reviewers
"Overall the Creative Cloud class was fantastic. Michael was great as an instructor. He was fun and pleasantly interactive. He kept things moving along at a reasonable pace, and made sure that all participants could follow along. It was enjoyable and easy to follow. There were a few glitches but over all not enough to impact the ability to easily follow the course." - Kelly RSee all reviews for Creative Cloud Courses
All Adobe Creative Cloud classes include
Certificate of Completion
Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects
Adobe Creative Cloud Course for Video Editing and Effects
Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects course
This introductory course is a good place to start if you will create videos using the Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Learn the Adobe Creative Cloud tools for creating videos online or in broadcast in this introductory overview course. This Creative Cloud class will give you the foundational skills necessary to create and edit videos. This training is geared to users who are new to creating video using the Adobe Creative Cloud.
What you learn in this live Creative Cloud for video editing and effects course
- Understand how Premiere Pro works and its place in a video workflow
- Capturing, editing, transitioning, and applying effects and filters to video
- Understand how After Effects works and its place in a video workflow
- Import, arrange, animate, and apply effects to text and images
- Understand how Photoshop works and its place in a web workflow
- Select, correct, paint, and retouch pixel-based images for animating
See all course topics
Ways to attend this Adobe Creative Cloud course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule or call 781-376-6044
Why learn Adobe Creative Cloud at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Adobe Creative Cloud by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Adobe Creative Cloud training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Adobe Creative Cloud courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Adobe Creative Cloud course for video editing and effects: topics
This Adobe Creative Cloud class for video and effects provides you with the skills needed to work with Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC. The topics covered in the training course include:
Video editing in Premiere Pro CC
- Terminology you need to know
- Non-linear editing
- Destructive vs. Non-destructive
- YUV vs. RGB Color Space
- Full screen video vs. multimedia
- NTSC Timebase
- Workspace in Premiere
Capturing in Premiere Pro CC
- Using the Capture window to digitize video
- Logging and Batch Capture
Basic editing in Premiere Pro CC
- Monitor window controls
- Using the Monitor window to edit video
- Insert / overlay Edits
- Editing video in the timeline
- Editing tools (Razor, Ripple, Roll, etc.)
- In and out points
- Discussion of four-point editing
Transitions in Premiere Pro CC
- Using the Effects tab and controls
- Markers in Premiere Pro
- Source versus program
- Fixed effects
- Animating clip properties
- Applying and animating filters
- Using keyframes
Creating Titles in Premiere CC
- Types of titles (roll, crawl, lower 3rd)
- Title templates
- Title animation
Superimposing in Premiere Pro CC
- Controlling transparency
- Editing audio
- Adding music tracks
- Controlling volume (Fade in/out)
Exporting and rendering movies in Premiere Pro CC
- Export options
- Export to tape / DVD
- Adobe Media Encode
Digital video basics in Adobe After Effects Creative Cloud
- Analog versus digital
- Frame rate and resolution
- Storage space and system requirements
- Defining motion Graphics
Using the After Effects CC Interface
- Creating a project
- Understanding the After Effects panel system
- Organizing the Project Window
- Understanding the Composition Window
- Working in the Timeline Window
- RAM Preview vs. Standard Preview
- Importing media files
- Importing Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Previewing footage
- Previewing stills and video
- Previewing audio
- Trimming a video clip
- Using the Interpret Footage dialog box
- Looping an audio or video file
Using layers in Adobe After Effects CC
- Layer basics
- Layer options
- Creating a layer solid
- Understanding the layer switches
- Time stretch and frame blending
- Nesting compositions/layers using precomps
Using keyframes in Adobe After Effects
- Animation of layer properties using keyframes
- Using layer parenting to ease repetition
- Understanding motion paths
- Working with layer blending
- Controlling the speed of animations
- Easing principles
Using text in Adobe After Effects
- Creating text
- Character palette
- Paragraph palette
- Animating text with keyframes
- Animating text using presets
- Using Bridge with After Effects
Masking and alpha channels in Adobe After Effects
- Animating masks
- Working with alpha channels
- Track matte
Using effects in Adobe After Effects
- Effect basics
- Animating effects
Introduction to 3D in After Effects
- Exploring the 3D capabilities and limitations of After Effects
- Creating 3D layers
- Using multiple viewports
- Understanding 3D Transform properties
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating and using lights
Outputting using Adobe After Effects
- Rendering from composition to various formats
- Understanding the Render Queue
- Adjusting render settings
- Duplicating jobs in the Render Queue
- Creating render templates
- Exporting a project file
- Rendering an individual frame
Prerequisites for the Adobe Creative Cloud Course for Video Editing and Effects
Before starting this course, we recommend that you have Adobe Creative Cloud video and effects applications. You can license the applications or obtain a free trial version from the Adobe Creative Cloud website.
Exceptional Adobe Creative Cloud course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Adobe Creative Cloud course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Adobe Creative Cloud class at no additional cost for one year.
Private Adobe Creative Cloud classes for companies and groups
This Adobe Creative Cloud class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ
Do I receive a Adobe Creative Cloud certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Adobe Creative Cloud class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Adobe Creative Cloud questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Adobe Creative Cloud.
Does this Adobe Creative Cloud class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Adobe Creative Cloud classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Adobe Creative Cloud class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Adobe Creative Cloud class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.