Reviews of our Information architecture class for UX
Information architecture class for UX - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 128 reviewers
"I learned a lot about the UX process from the course. Great teacher." - Tina CSee all reviews for UX classes
All UX classes include
Certificate of Completion
Information architecture class for UX
Information Architecture Class for UX
A well-planned information architecture (IA) for websites and apps creates the foundation for a functional site or app. In this information architecture course, discover how to create a useful information hierarchy to help users engage with your app or website. Information architecture is an often-overlooked area of a website and app design, but without a well-planned information hierarchy, designers risk creating applications and sites that are confusing or make content virtually inaccessible. In this dynamic, hands-on session, emphasis is placed on building an effective information architecture created from multiple sources of information. These sources include user research, scenarios, features, and user priorities.
In this information architecture course, participants:
- Learn to build an effective information architecture from multiple sources of information.
- Discover how to utilize user research, scenarios, features,
- Understand how to organize and sort user priorities.
- Find out how to ensure information is organized in a consistent and predictable way.
Ways to attend this UX course
- Live online from your office or home on regularly scheduled dates
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations on regularly scheduled dates
- Private or custom UX course either online or in-person on dates you select. Contact us for details
Why UX classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn UX quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered UX training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are UX experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the UX class at no cost.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Information architecture class for UX - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
- Assess existing and needed content
- Organize pages and screens
- Provide clues to help use the site efficiently
- Develop navigational structure
Overview of an information architecture
- The importance of the underlying information structure
- Information architecture design patterns and how they relate to your experience
- Flat and hierarchical information structures
The foundation of an information architecture
- Primary research
- Personas, stories, and user flows
- Feature building
Best practices for information architecture design
- Designing your IA based on user needs
- Establishing a clear purpose based upon UX brief and other integrated data
- Integrating and prioritizing the user needs in order to build effective navigation
- Building-in consistency
Methods and techniques for creating the IA design
- Whiteboarding and post-its for organizing IA
- Card Sorting: Open, closed, and reverse processes
- Site Maps and Outlines
Testing your information architecture
- Wireframes and prototypes
- Active observing
- Passive observing
- Online review
Custom and private UX classes
This UX course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. UX classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Information Architecture course for UX prerequisites
Participants in the information architecture course should have either completed the UX design course or be working in a UX or an adjacent field, such as a business analyst, developer, information architect, or product management position.
This information architecture training class is part of the UX Certificate and is also available independently several times per year.
Information Architecture course length
This information architecture class is one day in length and is available in our classrooms or as a live online class.
You can expand your skills and validate your user experience knowledge using the ISO international standard for UX certification. Learn more about UX Certification options.