Reviews of our Adobe Illustrator Class - Advanced
Adobe Illustrator Class - Advanced - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 180 reviewers
"I enjoyed my Illustrator class with Michael. He was engaging and made us feel at ease with our questions. I would definitely take another class with him." - Christina KSee all reviews for Adobe Illustrator classes & training
All Adobe Illustrator classes include
Certificate of Completion
Adobe Illustrator Class - Advanced
Adobe Illustrator Class - Advanced
Adobe Illustrator Training Class - Advanced: Class Length
In this two-day (or four-evening) advanced Illustrator course, you discover the power and versatility of vector artwork. This advanced course takes you beyond the basics to learn the many capabilities available to you in Illustrator. This two-day course also covers troubleshooting for production personnel and advanced techniques for interesting design effects.
What you learn in this live, advanced Illustrator course
- Work more efficiently by re-using editable artwork with symbols and libraries
- Enhance appearance and creativity with effects and transparency
- Save and repurpose attributes with graphic styles
- Get creative with gradients, blends, patterns, and meshes
- Use advanced brushes for advanced drawing and painting techniques
- Tracing images
- Integration with other Creative Cloud apps
- Introduction to artificial intelligence with generative color
See all course topics
Ways to attend this Adobe Illustrator Course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - contact us to schedule
Why learn Adobe Illustrator at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Adobe Illustrator by doing with our proven method to quickly gain skills.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Adobe Illustrator training to thousands.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are the best in class with Adobe Illustrator and are skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Adobe Illustrator courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Adobe Illustrator Class - Advanced - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Adobe Illustrator Training Class - Advanced: Complete Course Topics
Illustrator Essentials skills review
- Setting up the artboard
- Creating background shapes
- Combining shapes
- Sampling colors
- Applying fills and strokes
- Applying colors and effects
- Aligning and distributing shapes
- Distorting shapes
- Importing images
Working with symbols in Illustrator
- Understanding symbols and instances
- Cleaning out the symbol library
- Creating symbols
- Editing symbols
- Importing a symbol library
- Modifying symbol instances
- Using the symbolism tools
- Editing nested symbols
- Replacing symbols
- Saving symbol libraries
Using Adobe Illustrator effects and transparency
- Working with the Appearance panel
- Applying effects
- Editing effects
- Using graphic styles
- Creating and saving graphic styles
- Working with object transparency
- Experimenting with multiple opacities
- Understanding blending modes
- Saving and importing graphic styles
- Applying graphic styles to layers and symbols
Advanced Illustrator blending techniques
- Using the Blend Tool in Adobe Illustrator
- Applying a gradient
- Understanding linear vs. radial gradients
- Using Gradient Mesh options
- Adjusting a mesh
- Revisiting Blend Options
- Selecting multiple mesh points
- Overlapping images
- Using the Mesh tool
- Adding a highlight
Advanced Illustrator features
- Image Trace
- Pattern Options panel
- Gradients on strokes
- Make Mask and Release button
- Expandable color spectrum
- Character panel enhancements
- Transform panel additions
- Using the control panel
- Generative color artificial intelligence (beta feature, not fully functional)
Exporting and saving files from Illustrator
- Saving an illustration with layers for use in other applications
- Using Asset Export to save icons and other art for web and applications
- Exporting for Figma
- Exporting for Photoshop
- Integrating with InDesign
- Integrating with Animate
- Integrating with Premiere and After Effects
- File formats, SVG, AI, PNG, PSD and more
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Adobe Illustrator questions.
Adobe Illustrator Training Class - Advanced: Prerequisites
We recommend that you have the Adobe Illustrator application before starting the class. You can purchase the software, license Creative Cloud, or obtain a trial version of it from the Adobe website. Participants should have knowledge of all topics covered in the introduction to Illustrator course.
Exceptional Adobe Illustrator Course Materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This advanced course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for Free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Adobe Illustrator class at no additional cost for one year.
Private Adobe Illustrator classes for companies and groups
This Adobe Illustrator class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Adobe Illustrator FAQ
Do I receive a Adobe Illustrator certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Adobe Illustrator class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Adobe Illustrator questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Adobe Illustrator.
Does this Adobe Illustrator class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Adobe Illustrator classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Adobe Illustrator class for Mac or Windows?
Using a Mac or Windows computer, you can attend this Adobe Illustrator class. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.