Reviews of our Adobe Illustrator workshop: one-day seminar
Adobe Illustrator workshop: one-day seminar - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 180 reviewers
"I enjoyed my Illustrator class with Michael. He was engaging and made us feel at ease with our questions. I would definitely take another class with him." - Christina KSee all reviews for Adobe Illustrator classes & training
All Adobe Illustrator classes include
Certificate of Completion
Adobe Illustrator workshop: one-day seminar
Adobe Illustrator Workshop
Adobe Illustrator workshop overview
In this one-day Illustrator seminar, attendees discover why creative professionals use Illustrator to create wireframes, logos, web assets, and more. Attend this one-day Illustrator workshop to learn how to create beautifully rendered vector artwork. A complete list of topics for this Illustrator course is provided below the dates on this page. This workshop covers essential skills for working in Illustrator. We suggest the Introduction to Adobe Illustrator course for anyone working more regularly with Illustrator.
What you'll learn in this Adobe Illustrator Workshop
- Understand the Illustrator workspace and tools to work efficiently and creatively
- Effectively use the drawing tools to create your own designs
- Use layers to organize artwork and different versions
- Create your own artwork with color, textures, and text
- Import images and illustrations
- Share files in the best formats for use online and in print
See all course topics
Ways to attend this Adobe Illustrator course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule
Why learn Adobe Illustrator at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Adobe Illustrator by doing with our proven method to quickly gain skills.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Adobe Illustrator training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Adobe Illustrator.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Adobe Illustrator courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Adobe Illustrator workshop: one-day seminar - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Adobe Illustrator workshop topics
Lesson 1: Understanding the Illustrator workspace
- Exploring the interface
- Using artboards
- Zooming and scrolling
- Using tools and panels
- Working with panels and the dock
Lesson 2: Essential skills for working with Illustrator
- Using the shape tools
- Repositioning and resizing shapes
- Selecting artwork
- Using the shape and transform tools
- Introducing layers
- Repeating transformations
Lesson 3: Adding color to your designs
- Exploring the Appearance panel
- Changing colors
- Adding effects
- Using Live Paint
- Adding a symbol
- Saving swatches
- Using the Color panel
- Adding Pantone colors
Lesson 4: Using the drawing tools to create great artwork
- Understanding the Pen tool
- Straight, curved, and hinged lines
- Tracing images
- Creating a tracing template
- Working with Image Trace
- Editing existing paths
- Using the Shape Builder
Lesson 5: Additional color options to enhance your artwork
- Adding tonal values with gradients
- Applying a pattern
- Editing a pattern
- Using the Color Guide
Lesson 6: Designing with text
- Formatting text
- Paragraph formatting
- Using paragraph and character styles
- Editing styles
- Putting text on a path
- Warping text
- Putting text in a shape
- Checking spelling
- Using Find and Replace
Lesson 7: Using layers to work more creatively and effectively
- Getting to know the Layers panel
- Using layers to organize an illustration
- Moving items between layers
- Remembering layers when pasting
- Creating a template layer
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Adobe Illustrator questions.
Adobe Illustrator Workshop: Prerequisites
This one-day Illustrator workshop requires that you have general computer skills but no previous Illustrator experience is required. While a computer is provided, along with Illustrator for use during the session, you can also obtain a free trial version of Illustrator for your own use after the seminar at the Adobe website.
Exceptional Adobe Illustrator course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Adobe Illustrator course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class you can repeat the Adobe Illustrator class at no additional cost for one year.
Private Adobe Illustrator classes for companies and groups
This Adobe Illustrator class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Adobe Illustrator FAQ
Do I receive a Adobe Illustrator certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Adobe Illustrator class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Adobe Illustrator questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Adobe Illustrator.
Does this Adobe Illustrator class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Adobe Illustrator classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Adobe Illustrator class for Mac or Windows?
Using a Mac or Windows computer, you can attend this Adobe Illustrator class. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.