All Figma classes include
Certificate of Completion
Advanced Figma Course
Advanced Figma course with a live instructor, online or in-person
Take your Figma skills to the next level with our Advanced Figma training class. This live Figma course is for those who know how to use Figma for creating basic user interfaces and prototypes but want to focus on building responsive and reusable components. You learn how to create and build UI patterns and add them to a design library through live instruction and multiple in-class projects. You’ll also discover best practices for naming and organizing styles, variables, and components.
What you learn in this advanced Figma Course
- Apply advanced control for positioning within frames
- How to create components and variants
- Effectively organize components, styles, variables, and other assets
- Add animation and interactivity to prototypes
- Build a pattern library
- Create variables for color, text, numbers, and booleans
- Share a design system
See all course topics
Ways to attend this advanced Figma Course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person at your location: contact us to schedule or call 781-376-6044
Why learn Figma at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Figma by doing with our proven method to quickly gain skills.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Figma training to thousands.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are the best-in-class with Figma and are skilled UX professionals and educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Advanced Figma Course - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
- Responsive layout controls
- Understanding and applying Constraints
- Adding Animation
- Creating pattern libraries for a design system
- Sharing prototypes
Responsive layout controls
- Using layout grids, columns, and rows
- Understanding constraints as they relate to the layout grids
- Saving and applying layouts styles
Understanding and applying Constraints
- Controlling alignment
- Controlling spacing in your design
- Constraints as they relate to parent-child relationships
- Swapping components
- Nesting components
- Adding variants
- Component naming and organization
- Creating variables
- Creating interactive components
- Basic animation prototyping
- Setting up triggers
- Using the auto-animate features
- Simulating menus with auto-animate transitions
- Discovering and adding plug-ins
- Plug-ins that can make you more efficient
- Plug-ins for development
Creating a pattern library for your design system
- Creating and organizing pages in your library
- Organizing your library
- Sharing your library
Sharing your prototype
- Sharing for review
- Sharing for development
- Exporting and sharing your prototype’s specs
Taking advantage of color, number, string, and boolean variables
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Figma questions.
Custom and private Figma classes
This Figma course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Figma classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Advanced Figma class prerequisites
Figma is provided for advanced Figma classes at AGI's location. For online and private courses, you will need a Figma account. You can use the no-cost individual account for public courses delivered online. You should have experience with all topics covered in the introductory Figma course before enrolling in this advanced Figma training.
Repeat for Free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Figma class at no additional cost for one year.
Private Figma classes for Companies and Groups
This Figma class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Do I receive a Figma certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Figma class
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Figma questions answered in the class
Yes, as a live class you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Figma.
Does this Figma class include job placement support
AGI provides job support only when Figma classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Figma class for Mac or Windows
You can attend this Figma class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.