Reviews of our Google Analytics Course for Beginners
Google Analytics Course for Beginners - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 55 reviewers
"Chris was a great instructor and this Google Analytics training was really helpful to me. He went a little overtime at the very end of the day, but it was because of specific questions from the participants. He answered every question clearly and in a way that related directly to each participants job and website. " - Kelley BSee all reviews for Google Analytics 4 Courses
All Google Analytics 4 classes include
Certificate of Completion
Google Analytics Course for Beginners
Google Analytics course for beginners
Google Analytics Course for Beginners - Details
Learn Google Analytics in this full-day course for beginners. This is the foundation of our Google Analytics Training which has been fully updated for Google Analytics 4 (GA4), the most current version of Google Analytics. This Google Analytics course provides you with a solid understanding of the most useful reports and information you can generate from Google Analytics. In this course you will understand how to use Google Analytics reporting to determine:
- Who is visiting a website through Google Analytics audience reporting.
- How visitors found the site via Google Analytics acquisition reports.
- What visitors did on the site with Google Analytics behavior reporting.
This Google Analytics course covers why we use analytics, and emphasizes how to locate actionable information, teaching you how to generate reports that meet the needs of your business or organization and includes hands-on exercises and live hands-on use of your Google Analytics account. If you do not yet have a Google Analytics account, you'll learn how to set up a new account and are provided with a fully functioning demonstration account for the class. The emphasis is on learning practical skills, allowing you to get up-and-running quickly and understanding the Google Analytics tools and reports by using them. The regularly scheduled public Google Analytics classes are limited to 10 participants, providing for personalized attention and the ability to work directly on your own site and get your Google Analytics questions answered.
This Google Analytics class for beginners is delivered by a live instructor and is offered as a regularly scheduled public class. It can also be delivered as a private training session for you or your group as well. In this Google Analytics workshop participants work live within their choice of their own Google Analytics account or a live training account. Course participants learn essential skills that most marketing and web professionals need to know for effectively using Google Analytics 4.
The audience for this Google Analytics training for beginners ranges from marketing professionals, sales professionals, and business managers to web designers and web developers who need to understand how to use Google Analytics tools to gather and act on information about web visitors, content, and digital marketing activities.
Who should attend the Google Analytics Course for Beginners
The Google Analytics course for beginners is a foundational course for those with no formal training in Google Analytics who are looking to gain a solid foundation in when to use analytics, how to gather analytics data, and ways to interpret analytics information. Those with previous experience in Google Analytics should consider the GA4 Bootcamp, GA4 Reporting, or GA4 Migration. These other GA4 courses are focused on helping to improve on foundational skills, optimize an existing account, and make the transition from UA to GA4, while this class is focused on entry-level skills with Google Analytics.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Google Analytics Course for Beginners - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Google Analytics Training for Beginners: Topics Covered
This Google Analytics course covers the following areas:
- Learn web analytics essentials and how web analytics works
- Find out how to use web analytics data to gain actionable information
- Learn essential Google Analytics capabilities and functionality
- Discover Google Analytics key reports, data, and filtering options
- Learn to create and edit accounts, web properties, and reporting views
- Understand the most useful standard Google Analytics reports
- Learn to customize Google Analytics reports
- Understand and analyze Google Analytics reports and data
- Find out how to filter analytics data based upon location, devices used, and other criteria
- Learn best practices for using Google Analytics based upon your line of business
- Learn to create goals in Google Analytics to track the success of your website
- Understand who is visiting your website, including demographic information, type of devices used, and their location.
- Use Google Analytics to track how visitors arrived at your site to better understand the success of marketing, promotion, or advertising.
- Determine pages that are most visited, where users spend the most time, and the pages where users leave your site
- Go beyond counting visitors, turning analytics data into information that helps you make more informed decisions about your business or organization
Specific topics covered in this Google Analytics course for beginners
Understanding the role of web analytics and Google Analytics
How web analytics can be used
How you should use web analytics
Types of web analytics
How Google Analytics works
Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
Google Analytics setup
Google Analytics Account Hierarchy: accounts, properties, and views
Create unfiltered and filtered views
Key Google Analytics terminology
Examples of Metrics
Ways you can review Metrics
Examples of Dimensions
Understanding the Google Analytics User Interface
Understanding the Google Analytics Reporting Interface
Understanding Bounce rate
Standard Reporting in Google Analytics - overview
Date ranges and reporting
Default Display in GA reports
Audience Reporting in Google Analytics
- Demographics & Interests
- Visitor Flow
- Understanding Time on Site
- Acquisition: The sources for traffic to your site
- Overview & Channels
- Social Media traffic
- Cost Analysis
Primary Dimensions & Secondary Dimensions in Google Analytics
Using Google Analytics to track visitor behavior
- Behavior Flow
- Site Content
- Site Speed
- Site Search
- In-Page Analytics
- Google Analytics browser plug-in for reporting
- Use Secondary Dimensions
- Data Sampling
- Goals and Conversions
- Goals and the conversion funnel
- Predefined filters
- Custom filters
- Tracking Custom Campaigns
- Ways to use Campaigns
- Use visitor Segments to better understand and report on site visitors
- Create custom segments to review and understand specific site visitors
- Understand Google Analytics Events for advanced measurement capabilities
- Examples of Google Analytics custom alerts
- Tracking non-web activities in Google Analytics with Virtual Pageviews and Events
There are no prerequisites for the Google Analytics for beginners course.
You will receive a comprehensive Google Analytics course manual for this class developed by the AGI. This in-depth curriculum helps you during and after the course.