All Google Docs classes include
Certificate of Completion
Google Docs Training Course
Our Google Docs training class teaches you how to quickly get up and running with this popular app that help individuals, businesses and organizations share information and collaborate. In this Google Docs training class you’ll learn how to use Google Docs for word processing as you learn to create, edit and format documents. Learn to organize documents within Google Drive and how to apply text and paragraph formatting. Learn how to incorporate content from Google Sheets as well as create and add data to a table. This Google Docs class also teaches how to insert graphics and pictures to make your document more interesting. You will also learn page layout options including orientation, margins and adding headers and footers. You will also learn to make your documents more accurate and professional by learning document proofing techniques including spell check, grammar check and substitution. Participants also learn to use Google Docs document collaboration tools for multiple users to work on the same document simultaneously.
Ways to attend this Google Docs course
- Live online from your office or home on regularly scheduled dates
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations on regularly scheduled dates
- Private or custom Google Docs course either online or in-person on dates you select. Contact us for details
Why Google Docs classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Google Docs quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Google Docs training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Google Docs experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Google Docs class at no cost.
Questions about this Google Docs course? Interested in a private or customized Google Docs training? Call to speak with a training consultant: 781-376-6044.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
What you’ll learn in this Google Docs training course
- How to create, edit, and format, Google Docs files
- Formatting and styling text
- Editing text to create clear and accurate conten
- Adding tables to organize data
- Making documents more interesting by inserting graphics
- How to use spell-check, grammer-check and other tools
- Importing documents from MS Word and other apps
- Exporting content to use in other files and projects
- Printing, exporting and sharing Google Docs files
Getting Started with Google Docs
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Saving a document
- Star a file
- Opening a document
- Accessing templates
Using Google Docs to Format Text & Paragraphs
- Formatting text
- Using paint format
- Paragraph layout
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Creating columns
- Apply borders and shading
Learning Google Docs Editing Features
- Selecting – a word, sentence, paragraph or entire document
- Using cut, copy and paste
- Working with undo and redo
Adding Tables in Google Docs
- Inserting a table
- Modifying a table
- Sorting data in a table
Inserting Graphics & Links in Google Docs
- Inserting an image
- Formatting an image
- Inserting a link
- Inserting symbols and special characters
Using Google Docs Tools
- Using word count
- Using spell and grammar check
- Working with substitutions
Managing Google Docs Documents
- Sharing and collaborating on documents
- Using search to find a document
- Creating folders
- Working with document versions
- Sending a Google Docs document through Gmail
Google Docs Print Options
- Using page layout options
- Adjusting margins
- Adding headers and footers
- Saving a document as a pdf
Custom and private Google Docs classes
This Google Docs course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Google Docs classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
It is not necessary that you have set-up a Google Docs account prior to starting this class. Our instructors will help with Google Docs administration and set-up as part of the training program.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class developed or selected by the instructors at AGI.