Reviews of our Excel class - Intermediate
Excel class - Intermediate - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 1 reviewers
"Very informative and enjoyable Excel course. " - Alex P.See all reviews for Excel classes
All Excel classes include
Certificate of Completion
Excel class - Intermediate
Intermediate Excel class
This intermediate Excel course moves into more advanced functionality to locate, calculate, summarize and format data. Learn to summarize and organize data in Excel with Pivot Tables, write advanced functions using VLOOKUP, and create advanced charts. Discover statistical formulas like COUNTIFS and SUMIFS to better understand data, and learn Excel techniques to work more efficiently. Attend this intermediate Excel training and learn to use tools and techniques that will make you efficient in summarizing, calculating and validating data.
What you learn in this intermediate Excel course
- Data validation: Learn to restrict what can be entered into a cell or create drop-down menus to select pre-populated data.
- Sort & filter: Find out how to sort data either alphabetically or by the size of the number
- VLOOKUP: Learn how to retrieve the value from a table depending upon another value in a column, such as a city name associtaed with a ZIP code.
- IF statements: Discover how to create formulas that produce different results depending upon conditions.
- SUMIFs: Create conditional sum values that total values from cells that meet a specific condition you define.
- COUNTIFs: Count the number of items that meet a certain criteria.
- Split and Join Text: Split text to multiple columns with Text to Columns.
- Navigation shortcuts: Learn to more quickly navigate around worksheets.
- Using templates: Keep branding colors, styles, and fonts consistent.
Options for attending this intermediate Excel course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class.
- Live in-person regularly scheduled Excel classes at AGI’s Boston or Philadelphia classroom with a live instructor in the same room.
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location or AGI's classrooms: call 781 376-6044 or contact us to schedule.
Why Excel classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Excel quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Excel training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Excel experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Excel class at no cost.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Excel class - Intermediate - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
- Page 1
- Next page Next ›
Microsoft Excel class: Intermediate - Topics covered
- Data Entry & Calculations: Learn powerful tool for calculations. Use basic calculations like averages, sums, and counts.
- Autofill: Allow Excel to complete patterns for you.
- Quick Access Toolbar: Save time by bookmarking common commands.
- Text Functions: Use functions to format and correct text like changing the case of text, trimming unnecessary spaces, and pulling specific characters from a cell.
- Formatting: Understand how to change fonts, colors, and alignment.
- Format Painter: Use this tool to copy formatting from one cell to another
- Cell Referencing: Learn about cell references to make your formulas dynamic by locking certain cells to remain consistent as you carry the formula over to other cells. For example, when calculating sales tax for multiple products, lock the sales tax rate to multiply that number across the price of each product without having to retype the formula.
- Conditional Formatting: Set formats for cells based on specific criteria for easier visualization of your data. For example, set all scores above 80% to green.
- Charts: Visualize and summarize data with charts. Learn the essentials of creating and formatting charts, including line charts, bar charts, and pie charts.
Microsoft Excel intermediate topics covered:
Review of foundational Excel tasks
Excel workbook navigational tips and tricks
Review of formulas
Review of cell styles
Review conditional formatting
Review of themes
Working with lists
You can create your custom lists and use them to sort or fill. Creating a list
Sorting a list by one column or multiple columns
Filtering records in a list
Using data validation for entering data
Apply data validation to restrict the data type or value others can enter into the cell.
Working with text
Data Tables and data filtering and sorting
VLookup and Xlookup
Using custom Excel templates
Keep branding colors, type styles, and other styles consistent using a template.
Saving a workbook as a template
Opening a custom template
Using a template
Saving a workbook as a template
Workbook protection levels
Using worksheet and workbook protection
Unlocking cells in a protected worksheet
Hiding and Protecting formulas
Custom and private Excel classes
This Excel course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Excel classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Intermediate Excel Course prerequisites
This course requires knowledge of Excel equivalent to the topics in our Introductory Excel Course, including knowledge of basic formulas and functions, charts, formatting, and absolute cell references. If attending online have Excel installed on your computer. If attending in-person at one of our classrooms, a computer with Excel is provided for use during the course.
You will receive a comprehensive Excel course manual for this class.