All Excel classes include
Certificate of Completion
Excel Class - Introduction
Excel Class - Introduction
This Excel course teaches you the foundations of Excel including essential Excel formulas and how to work efficiently and effectively using Excel. You also learn techniques for working with and managing data in Excel, including how to use calculations, apply formatting to content, and how to create charts. The course includes multiple projects that help you practice and apply the skills you learn in this live, hand-on class. This one-day course provides a solid foundation for jobs that require Excel.
In this Excel course you will learn:
- Calculations and Formulas: Discover how to use Excel for calculations including sum, average, and counts as well as how to calculate and tabulate data easily with built-in formulas.
- Efficient Data Entry: Learn how Excel can automatically complete text and numbers, reducing data entry work while improving accuracy.
- Text Functions: Find out how to use functions for formatting and correcting text, including removing unnecessary spaces, changing the case of text, and extracting specific characters.
- Formatting text, numbers, and cells: Understand how to apply formatting and color to text and cells and set the alignment of text and numbers within cells, both vertically and horizontally.
- Format Painter: Discover how to easily copy formatting between cells.
- Conditional Formatting: Learn to create format requirements for cells based on specific criteria. For example, set all positive values to green with negative values set to red.
- Charts and Graphs: Learn the basics of creating charts and graphs for data visualization. Find out how to create charts including pie charts, line graphs, and bar charts.
- Quick Access Toolbar: Discover how to work more efficiently by saving commonly used functions and commands with the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Cell Referencing: Learn to create references to cells, allowing you keep formulas accurate even as cell content changes, and making it possible to copy formulas to other cells.
- Lock values: Learn to lock the values in specific cells so they can be consistently referenced or used in formulas.
- Excel efficiency tips: Learn to work efficiently, having Excel automate your work.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Excel Class - Introduction - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Introductory Excel Class Topics Covered
Topics covered in the introductory Microsoft Excel course include the following:
Getting Started with Excel
- Getting to know the Excel Interface: learn to navigate within the Excel interface to access commands and functions.
- Data Entry using Excel: Understand various ways of entering data into an Excel file.
Using Excel Formulas
- Autofill in Excel: Learn to use Excel's predictive data entry
- Excel Calculations: Use excel for mathematical expressions
- True / False: Learn to have Excel test for matching data using true/false
- Functions in Excel: Discover essential AutoSum functions including: Sum, Average, Max, Min, and Count Numbers
- Excel’s Text Functions: Learn to use functions to modify text
- Multi-Input Functions: Learn advanced functions that require multiple inputs
- Constant (Absolute) Cell References: Learn to create constant cell references when required for calculations
Formatting Worksheets in Excel
- Formatting Excel sheets and content: Learn to provide visual cues to those reviewing sheets with formatting.
- Using the Format Painter in Excel: Learn to duplicate formatting from one cell to others.
- Applying Conditional Formatting: Discover how to apply formatting depending upon rules relating to content.
Working with Charts in Excel
- Understanding chart types
- Creating Line Chart: Create a line charts and spark lines to represent data visually.
- Column Charts using Excel: Learn to create column charts for data visualization.
- Pie Charts in Excel: Discover how to create pie charts for data visualization.
- Customizing charts: Adjusting charts to meet your design requirements.
- Creating Tables: Understand the functionality available when data is presented as a table.
Excel Workbook Management
- Printing & Exporting from Excel: Understand ways to easily print or convert Excel content to PDF.
- Using Multiple Worksheets in Excel: Learn to organize data by creating, moving, copying and managing Excel worksheets.
- Using Repeat Action: Learn to quickly duplicate prior actions in Excel.
- Saving Time with Excel Shortcuts: Discover shortcuts that save time and help you to work more efficiently.
We recommend that you have Microsoft Excel available to use after your return from this Excel class. A computer with Excel is provided for use during the course.
You will receive a comprehensive Excel course manual for this class.