Reviews of our Sketchup class - Introduction
Sketchup class - Introduction - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 48 reviewers
"Really enjoyed his teaching. He made it fun and created a great learning environment. " - Dennis RSee all reviews for SketchUp courses
All Sketchup classes include
Certificate of Completion
Sketchup class - Introduction
Sketchup class - Introduction
Ways to attend this Sketchup course
- Live online from your office or home on regularly scheduled dates
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations on regularly scheduled dates
- Private or custom Sketchup course either online or in-person on dates you select. Contact us for details
Why Sketchup classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Sketchup quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Sketchup training to thousands over 10 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Sketchup experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Sketchup class at no cost.
Questions about this Sketchup class? Interested in private or customized training? Call to speak with a training consultant: 781-376-6044.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Sketchup class - Introduction - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Sketchup class overview
- Create 2-dimensional (2D) geometry in a 3-dimensional (3D) environment
- Demonstrate stickiness of geometry
- Create 3-dimensional geometry
- Demonstrate stickiness of geometry in 3D
- Connect and generate forms
- Create a model, step-by-step
- Mirror a model
- Create an array
- Apply materials
- Create 3D Text
- Import (download) models from the Google 3D Warehouse
- Alter a model using Styles
- Import site information (imagery and topography) from Google Earth
- Position and export models to Google Earth
Complete list of topics covered in this introductory Sketchup class:
Create 2-dimensional (2D) geometry in a 3-dimensional (3D) environment
- Create surfaces from lines
- Create surfaces from circles
- Generate surfaces from polygons
- Generate surfaces from arcs
Demonstrate stickiness of geometry using Sketchup
Create 3-dimensional geometry
- View a model in 3D
- Create surfaces from lines in 3D
Demonstrate stickiness of geometry in 3D
- Create geometry with the Push/Pull Tool
- Move entities to manipulate geometry
- Maintain coplanar geometry
Connect and generate forms
- Lock inferences
- Generate forms quickly
- Restore/Heal a surface
Create a model, step-by-step
Mirror a model
Create an array
Create 3D Text
Import (download) models from the 3D Warehouse
Alter a model using Sketchup Styles
Import site information, imagery and topography, from Google Earth
Position and export models to Google Earth
Custom and private Sketchup classes
This Sketchup course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Sketchup classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Before enrolling in this Sketchup class you should be familiar with fundamental geometric terms such as polygon, parallel, perpendicular, axes, arc, and array. It is also helpful to understand 3-dimensional drawing terms including: rendering, field of view, and point of view.
This SketchUp course provides for use of the software while in our classrooms, and you can select either Mac or Windows at the time of enrollment. We recommend that you also have either the Sketchup Pro or SketchUp Make app at the time of the training so that you can continue to learn SketchUp outside of the classroom. If attending an online SketchUp course, you can use either version of the SketchUp app for the class; if needed a link to the app for use during the SketchUp class can be provided.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class developed by the instructors at AGI. AGI instructors have created many of the official training guides and books for major software developers, and are the authors of more than 50 training books.