Reviews of our Web Accessibility training class for managers
Web Accessibility training class for managers - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 8 reviewers
"Useful accessibility workshop. This allows me to return to work with information to meet the many requirements for our agency site. Thanks." - Emily WSee all reviews for Web Accessibility Training Classes
All Web Accessibility classes include
Certificate of Completion
Web Accessibility training class for managers
Web Accessibility Training Class for Managers
In this Web Accessibility Strategy course for Managers, you’ll learn how to plan for website accessibility. Discover how to use accessibility in the enterprise, identify scope, goals, and functions, implement accessibility in site redesign, and adhere to laws and policies governing accessibility. This class is intended for non-designers, managers, and those responsible for understanding, following and enforcing web accessibility guidelines. Attendees of this class do not need expert web design knowledge.
What you learn in this live Web Accessibility for Managers course
- Appreciate the role of accessibility in the enterprise
- Choose the right approach to accessibility implementation
- Define the scope, goals and functions of implementation
- Solve web accessibility problems through redesign
- Get familiar with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Adhere to web accessibility law and policy
Ways to attend this Web Accessibility course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule
Private Web Accessibility classes for companies and groups
This Web Accessibility class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn Web Accessibility at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web Accessibility by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Web Accessibility training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Web Accessibility.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Web Accessibility courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Web Accessibility training class for managers - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Web Accessibility training class: Course topics
Lesson 1: Accessibility in the enterprise
- Setting up an accessibility organization
- The makeup of the organization
- Authority of the organization
Lesson 2: Scope, goals, and functions
- Accessibility awareness
- Quality assurance
- Public representation
Lesson 3: Approaches to Implementation
- Initial assessment
- Accessibility strategy
- Implementation plan
- Handover to the AO
Lesson 4: Getting familiar with WCAG 2.1
- Web Standards vs. Accessibility Guidelines
- Inside WCAG 2.1
- WCAG Principle 1 - Perceivable
- WCAG Principle 2 - Operable
- WCAG Principle 3 - Understandable
- WCAG Principle 4 - Robust
- WCAG Criteria and documents
- Using the guidelines
- Advantages and concerns
- Section 508 Accessibility and WCAG
Lesson 5: Redesigning a website to make it accessible
- The original site and web accessibility issues
- The redesign process
- Solving web accessibility problems
- Lessons learned in the web accessibility process
- Implementing the new design
Lesson 6: Web accessibility law and policy
- ADA and the Internet
- Section 255
- Section 508
- Legal hot topics
- Worldwide laws and policies
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web Accessibility questions.
General computer familiarity is required before starting this class, including understanding of how to use a web browser and navigate the Internet.
Exceptional Web Accessibility course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Web Accessibility course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Web Accessibility class at no additional cost for one year.
Web Accessibility FAQ
Do I receive a Web Accessibility certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Web Accessibility class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Web Accessibility questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Web Accessibility.
Does this Web Accessibility class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Web Accessibility classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Web Accessibility class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Web Accessibility class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.