All Acrobat classes include
Certificate of Completion
Accessibility and Section 508 Compliance Training Online January 12, 2024 Adobe Acrobat & PDF
Section 508 Compliance Training Class
In this Section 508 Compliance Training class, you'll learn how to prepare documents so that they're readable by users taking advantage of assistive technology such as screen readers. In this Acrobat Section 508 Compliance and Accessibility course you will learn how to understand the requirements of Section 508 and discover how to tag files for accessibility.
Accessibility and section 508 compliance class course topics
- Fixing common accessibility problems with PDF files using Acrobat
- Creating and fixing tags: images and backgrounds
- Flattening and combining objects
- Adding alt text
- Replacing characters that are non-accessible
- Addressing color contrast
- Adding context to color-only distinctions
- Applying a tag structure that matches the reading order
- Confirming links and footnotes are correctly tagged
- Setting the correct tab order
- Form validation and required fields
- Creating and organizing bookmarks for accessibility
- Converting scanned images to accessible PDF
- Working with list items
- Removing invalid content
- Confirming headlines are correctly identified
- Ensuring table structure is used with all tabbed and table content
- Special issues with tables: data splits, table heads
- Setting document properties and primary language
- Confirming document and website compliance with Section 508 requirements
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Acrobat questions.
Why Acrobat classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Acrobat quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Acrobat training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Acrobat experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Acrobat class at no cost.