Reviews of our After Effects class - Advanced
After Effects class - Advanced - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 172 reviewers
"Alex was awesome, his pace and explanation on every After Effects topic was excellent. His tone made the class exciting and made it very easy to pay attention all throughout the training. I'd highly recommend this class to any other student! I took the class online." - Olivia SSee all reviews for After Effects Classes & Courses
All After Effects classes include
Certificate of Completion
After Effects class - Advanced
After Effects Class - Advanced
After Effects Class - Advanced: course summary
In this Adobe After Effects class, you’ll learn advanced skills for creating dynamic broadcast, film, and Web content. This is the second in our series of After Effects classes, and this course picks up where the introductory course leaves off, providing you with additional skills, tips, and tricks to improve your efficiency and creativity. Our After Effects classes are led by experienced motion graphics professionals with backgrounds in broadcast, film, and online media production and the authors of the After Effects Digital Classroom book.
What you learn in this advanced live After Effects course
- Understand and follow a visual effects workflow
- Use Chroma Key for compositing, including green screen and mattes
- Leverage stabilization and null objects for motion tracking
- Composite 3D graphics with video using the Camera Tracker
- Apply motion effects with time remapping and frame blending
- Rotoscope footage and create environmental effects
See all course topics
Ways to attend this After Effects course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - call 781 376-6044 or contact us to schedule
Why learn After Effects at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn After Effects by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered After Effects training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with After Effects.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching After Effects courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
After Effects class - Advanced - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
After Effects class - Advanced course topics
- After Effects workflow considerations
- Greenscreen shooting basics
- Using masks for compositing (garbage mattes)
- Using keylight
- Refining a matte
- Understanding motion tracking
- Motion tracking vs stabilization
- Setting a track point
- Using null objects
- Compositing 2D graphics
- Using the Warp Stabilizer
- Using the 3D Camera tracker
- Compositing 3D graphics with Video
- Understanding time remapping
- Slow motion effects
- Fast motion effects
- Using frame blending
- Adjusting tonality
- Advanced color adjustments
Rotoscoping video footage
- Manual rotoscoping
- Using the roto brush
- Painting on color
- Heat Distortion
- Explosive Effects
- Render Output Settings
- Output Module Templates
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your After Effects questions.
After Effects Class - Advanced: Course prerequisites
We recommend you have the Adobe After Effects application before starting the class. You can purchase subscriptions to Creative Cloud or obtain a trial version from the Adobe website. If attending this class online, check system requirements to ensure you can run After Effects on your computer. Have After Effects installed before the start of class.
It is recommended that you have experience with basic Photoshop and Illustrator concepts, such as layers, vectors, and pixels.
After Effects course - Advanced: Materials
Advanced After Effects Course participants receive a copy of the Adobe After Effects Digital Classroom book in digital format, written by our instructors. You can view examples of some of the After Effects tutorials created by the same staff that lead our advanced After Effects courses to gain a better understanding of the quality of our training materials.
Exceptional After Effects course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This After Effects course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the After Effects class at no additional cost for one year.
Private After Effects classes for companies and groups
This After Effects class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
After Effects FAQ
Do I receive a After Effects certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a After Effects class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific After Effects questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using After Effects.
Does this After Effects class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when After Effects classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this After Effects class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this After Effects class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.