All DaVinci Resolve classes include
Certificate of Completion
Davinci Resolve class for editing
Davinci Resolve class for editing
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Course overview
This is the introductory level editing course of our DaVinci Resolve classes. This course teaches you the essentials of digital video editing with DaVinci Resolve in two days of intensive hands-on training with a live instructor. You learn how to use the interface and editing tools for producing broadcast-quality movies, videos, commercials, social media, and corporate use for distribution via broadcast, multimedia, and online. This DaVinci Resolve course has been updated to the latest version of the app. Contact AGI if you have any questions about available DaVinci Resolve training.
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Course length
This DaVinci Resolve course occurs over two full days. If taken live online or in our classrooms, course times are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you elect for private training or at your location, the course times can be adjusted to meet your schedule.
Ways to attend this DaVinci Resolve course
- Live online from your office or home on regularly scheduled dates
- Live in-person at AGI’s classroom locations on regularly scheduled dates
- Private or custom DaVinci Resolve course either online or in-person on dates you select. Contact us for details
Why DaVinci Resolve classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn DaVinci Resolve quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered DaVinci Resolve training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are DaVinci Resolve experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the DaVinci Resolve class at no cost.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Davinci Resolve class for editing - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Topics covered
In this DaVinci Resolve course, you will learn video editing skills, including:
- Use various editing and trimming techniques
- Create and manage proxy media using Proxy Generator.
- Apply variable speed changes to enhance action.
- Work with real-time dynamic trimming.
- Use multicamera syncing and editing techniques.
- How to organize large projects efficiently with metadata and smart bins.
- Create complex composites with the edit page.
- Work with keyframes to create sophisticated animations.
- Edit audio to create stereo effects and surround sound.
- How to create, import, and edit subtitles for various languages.
- Package and deliver projects for online distribution, broadcast TV, and streaming services.
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Course topics
Creating a rough cut of video using DaVinci Resolve
- Setting Up a DaVinci Resolve Project
- Navigating the edit page
- Assembling the sound bites
- Working with subclips
- Adding sound bites
- Adding b-roll and pacing sound bites
- Painting an interview clip
- Backtiming edits
- Adding music
Refining a rough cut video in DaVinci Resolve
- Duplicating a timeline
- Trimming timeline clips
- Rolling edits
- Ripple trimming multiple edit points
- Slide Edits
- Replacing clips
- Audio mixing
- Adjusting music levels
- Adding logos
- Adding closing titles
- Making final Edits
- Completing a full-screen review
- Using Quick Export to deliver a finished project
Cutting an interview using DaVinci Resolve
- Using the Smooth Cut transition
- Importing a “Selects” timeline
- Working across multiple timelines
- Refining the radio edit
- Editing between timelines
- Working with stacked timelines
Editing dramatic scenes
- Working with and assembling separate takes
- Editing for continuity
- Comparing different takes
- Cleaning-up audio
- Utilizing split edits
- Using dynamic trimming
- Filling “dead air”
Multicamera editing using DaVinci Resolve
- Editing a multicamera interview
- Switching multicam angles
- Editing a multicamera video
- Real-time multicamera editing
- Adjusting the multicamera edit
- Adjusting a multicam clip
DaVinci Resolve project organization
- Creating a new project and project settings
- Importing media
- Generating proxy files
- Syncing audio to video
- Configuring metadata presets
- Importing and using metadata
- Creating subclips
- Using Power Bins
Using the DaVinci Resolve Edit Page Visual Effects
- Compositing using traveling mattes
- Variable speed changes
- Creating freeze frames
- 3D Keyer FX
- Transform FX
- Video collage
- Creating tiles with video collages
Editing and mixing audio
- Preparing the project
- Determining when to start mixing
- Replacing lines from other takes
- Balancing the dialogue clips
- Enhancing the scene
- Panning tracks in acoustic space
- Adding more atmosphere
- Creating a radio effect
- Simplifying the mix
- Mixing with the mixer
- Using buses for alternative mixes
Delivering DaVinci Resolve projects
- Preparing the projects
- Reformatting a timeline for different aspect ratios
- Reframing shots
- Smart reframe (Studio version only)
- Customizing delivery page presets
- Exporting AAF for pro tools
- Adding subtitles
- Importing subtitle files
- Adjusting subtitles
- Styling subtitles
- Exporting with subtitles
- Exporting audio tracks
- Changing and rendering jobs from multiple projects
- Managing media timelines
Custom and private DaVinci Resolve classes
This DaVinci Resolve course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. DaVinci Resolve classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Prerequisites
Download the DaVinci Resolve application before starting the class. You can use the free version of the app for the class. If attending class in our classrooms, a computer and DaVinci Resolve app are provided for use during the class. If attending a DaVinci Resolve class online, download the app prior to the start of class so that you can follow along and work on projects as part of the course.
DaVinci Resolve class for editing: Course materials
You will receive a comprehensive curriculum for this course and lesson files that are yours to keep following the class.
DaVinci Resolve Class for Premiere Pro users
If you are transitioning to DaVinci Resolve from Premiere Pro, this training class will be helpful as you migrate from the timeline in After Effects to nodes. While working with nodes can be as easy as editing video clips on a timeline, it is a unique paradigm that can take some explaining and learning, which is provided as part of this DaVinci Resolve course. You'll learn DaVinci Resolve from an experienced Premiere Pro user who can help you to ease the transition.