Reviews of our Acrobat accessibility and section 508 compliance training class
Acrobat accessibility and section 508 compliance training class - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 24 reviewers
"Good class, it was small so Greg adapted this to what our organization needs to do to make accessible PDF files." -See all reviews for Adobe Acrobat classes
All Acrobat classes include
Certificate of Completion
Acrobat accessibility and section 508 compliance training class
Acrobat for Accessibility and Section 508 Compliance Training Class
This one-day Adobe Acrobat training class is focused on creating accessible PDF files that comply with section 508. Learn to create accessible PDF files optimized for the web that carry all the necessary information for screen reading software used by visually impaired individuals. Learn to ensure your documents comply with Section 508 in this course. Contact AGI about this Acrobat training class.
What you learn in this live Acrobat for accessibility and section 508 compliance course
- Grasp the importance of accessibility in PDF workflows
- Create accessible Word documents for PDF output
- Build accessible InDesign files for PDF output
- Remediate PDF documents in Acrobat
- Demystify the Accessibility Checker in Acrobat
- Automate the remediation process with actions
Ways to attend this Acrobat course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - contact us at 781 376-6044 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
Private Acrobat classes for companies and groups
This Acrobat class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn Acrobat at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Acrobat by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Acrobat training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Acrobat.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Acrobat courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Acrobat accessibility and section 508 compliance training class - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Adobe Acrobat training for accessibility and section 508 compliance class course topics
- Fixing common accessibility problems with PDF files using Acrobat
- Creating and fixing tags: images and backgrounds
- Flattening and combining objects
- Adding alt text
- Replacing characters that are non-accessible
- Addressing color contrast
- Adding context to color-only distinctions
- Applying a tag structure that matches the reading order
- Confirming links and footnotes are correctly tagged
- Setting the correct tab order
- Form validation and required fields
- Creating and organizing bookmarks for accessibility
- Converting scanned images to accessible PDF
- Working with list items
- Removing invalid content
- Confirming headlines are correctly identified
- Ensuring table structure is used with all tabbed and table content
- Special issues with tables: data splits, table heads
- Setting document properties and primary language
- Confirming document and website compliance with Section 508 requirements
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Acrobat questions.
Custom and private Acrobat classes
This Acrobat course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Acrobat classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Adobe Acrobat training for accessibility and section 508 compliance training class prerequisites
Although we provide a computer with Acrobat for use if taking the class at a training center, we recommend you have the Adobe Acrobat software before starting the Section 508 compliance class. You can purchase the software or obtain a trial version from the Adobe website.
Exceptional Acrobat course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Acrobat course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Acrobat class at no additional cost for one year.
Do I receive a Acrobat certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Acrobat class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Acrobat questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Acrobat.
Does this Acrobat class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Acrobat classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Acrobat class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Acrobat class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.