Reviews of our Premiere Pro class - Introduction
Premiere Pro class - Introduction - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 139 reviewers
"Alex was my instructor for the intro Premier Pro class and I was happy to see that he was teaching the advanced class too! He does a great job and is very knowledgeable.Looking forward to my next class!" - Steve GSee all reviews for Adobe Premiere Pro courses and classes
All Premiere Pro classes include
Certificate of Completion
Premiere Pro class - Introduction
Introduction Premiere Pro class
Premiere Pro class - Introduction: Course overview
This is the introductory level of our Adobe Premiere Pro classes. This course teaches you the essentials of digital video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro in two days of intensive hands-on training. You learn to use the interface and editing tools to produce broadcast-quality movies for video, multimedia, and the Web.
What you learn in this introductory live Premiere Pro course
- Effectively create professional-quality videos using Premiere Pro
- Add, edit, and trim video and audio in the timeline
- Apply video and audio transitions to clips
- Create and add titles and images video
- Work with imported Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Output video from Premiere Pro for distribution online, cinema, or broadcast
See all course topics
Ways to attend this Premiere Pro course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location: call 781 376-6044 or use our contact form
Why learn Premiere Pro at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Premiere Pro by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Premiere Pro training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Premiere Pro.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Premiere Pro courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Premiere Pro class - Introduction - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
- Previous page ‹ Previous
- Page 2
Premiere class - Introduction: Topics covered
- Video basics in Premiere Pro
- Navigating the Premiere ProWorkspace
- Importing media into Premiere Pro
- Basic editing using Premiere Pro
- Creating transitions with Premiere Pro
- Using markers in Premiere Pro
- Applying effects and filters in Premiere Pro
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Superimposing in Premiere Pro
- Understanding Premiere Pro audio editing capabilities
- Exporting and rendering video from Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder
Premiere Pro class - Introduction: Course topics
Understanding digital video: foundations for Premiere Pro editing
- Understanding video settings
- Input & output formats
- Dimensions, framerate, and pixel aspect ratio
- Online and social media video standards
- Understanding timecode
Learning the Premiere Pro interface
- Understanding the default workspaces
- Switching and resetting Premiere Pro workspaces
- Working with Premiere Pro panels
- Understanding the application tools
- Setting application preferences
- Appearance & memory
- Using the project panel
- Understanding media management & creating and organizing bins
- Using the media browser panel
- Previewing clips: hover scrub vs source monitor
- Transcoding video
- Locating missing media in Premiere Pro: where it is located and what it is named
Learning to edit clips in the Premiere Pro timeline
- The cuts-only editing methodology: continuity editing
- A Roll vs. B Roll
- Cut-ins and cut-aways; cutting on action
- Working with multiple video tracks
- Adding and deleting tracks
- Renaming tracks
- Trimming clips in the Premiere Pro source monitor
- Adding clips to the timeline
- Making insert and overwrite edits
- Using the timeline editing tools
- Markers: timeline vs clip
Using video & audio transitions in Premiere Pro
- Understanding transitions
- Adding transitions to video clips
- Preparing a clip to receive transitions
- Editing transition settings
- Adding an audio transition
Learning to use Premiere Pro graphics
- Understanding the uses of titles in video
- Creating graphic clips in Premiere Pro
- Adding images to a graphic clip
- Using the legacy titler
- Creating an end credit roll
- Controlling the speed of a rolling title
- Working with graphic clips on the timeline
- Creating a graphics template
Working with imported graphics in Premiere Pro
- Working with Photoshop and Illustrator Files in Premiere Pro
- Importing layered Photoshop files into Premiere Pro projects
- Understanding and animating static clip effects
- Understanding position, scale, rotation, and opacity with Premiere Pro
- Using Premiere Pro to add transitions and effects to images
Using Premiere Pro Video Effects
- Understanding video effects in Premiere Pro
- Animating static clip effects
- Adjusting position, scale, rotation, and opacity for video in Premiere Pro
- Applying Premiere pro video effects to clips
- Understanding the Premiere Pro timeline vs project panel
Using greenscreen footage in Premiere Pro
- Creating a garbage matte in Premiere Pro
- Working with the ultra keyer
Learning to stabilize shaky footage with Premiere
- Evaluating shaky footage
- Using the warp stabilizer
Introduction to Premiere Pro audio editing
- Understanding clip audio
- Working with various audio types, including standard, mono, and 5.1 audio
- Using the essential audio panel
- Assigning audio clip types in Premiere
- Animating clip volume
Outputting video from Premiere Pro
- Exporting video from Premiere Pro
- Understanding Adobe Media Encoder export from Premiere Pro
- Exporting video directly from Premiere Pro
- Exporting video from Premiere Pro for social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) & Mobile Devices
- Exporting video from Premiere Pro for desktop and broadband distribution
- Understanding video file settings, including video dimensions, formats and codecs, bit-rate, frame rate, and aspect ratio
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Premiere Pro questions.
Custom and private Premiere Pro classes
This Premiere Pro course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Premiere Pro classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Premiere Pro Class - Introduction: Prerequisites
We recommend that you have the Premiere Pro application before starting the class. You can purchase subscriptions to Creative Cloud or obtain a trial version from the Adobe website. If attending class in our classrooms, a computer and the application are provided for use during the class. If attending a Premiere class online, check system requirements to ensure you can run Premiere Pro on your computer. It is important to have Premiere Pro installed before the start of class.
It is recommended that before taking the Premiere Pro class, you have experience with basic content creation and an understanding of the production process.
Exceptional Premiere Pro course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Premiere Pro course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Premiere Pro class at no additional cost for one year.
Private Premiere Pro classes for companies and groups
This Premiere Pro class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Premiere Pro FAQ
Do I receive a Premiere Pro certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Premiere Pro class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Premiere Pro questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Premiere Pro.
Does this Premiere Pro class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Premiere Pro classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Premiere Pro class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Premiere Pro class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.