Reviews of our Objective C Training - iOS Training
Objective C Training - iOS Training - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 2 reviewers
"The instructor certainly demonstrated expert knowledge regarding the subject matter. Questions were answered and demonstrated during the course. Would recommend." - Scott CSee all reviews for iOS Development Training
All iOS classes include
Certificate of Completion
Objective C Training - iOS Training
Objective C Training - iOS Training
Objective-C Training Course
Introduction to Objective-C for iOS Development Training and iPhone Development Training
This is our entry-level iOS development Training Course and provides foundational Objective-C training. This Objective-C for iOS Programming course is designed for beginning programmers, or programmers that are new to programming with Objective-C. This Objective-C training class covers the concepts of Object Oriented programming along with the Objective-C code-syntax. In this Objective-C programming class you will also receive an in-depth understanding of Xcode, Apple's Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for creating iOS Apps. Class participants use Xcode to write programs demonstrating concepts covered in the course as they learn iOS programming skills.
You will gain a solid foundation and understanding of how Objective-C works, a strong familiarity of working with Xcode, and be ready to start learning iOS App development for iPhone and iPad by participating in this Objective-C training class.
Objective-C Training for introductory iOS Development Training Course Length: 3 Days
This Objective-C Training course is delivered over three consecutive days as a first step in iOS development training, and can be customized to your specific needs. Register for both the Objective C training and iOS training and receive a $150 discount off the entire registration. Enter code iOS when registering online, or register for the iOS classes by calling 781-376-6044.
Questions about this iOS training class? Interested in a private or customized iOS training? Call to speak with a training consultant: 781-376-6044 or during business hours click the chat option in the lower left corner of the window.
Objective-C Training for introductory iOS Development Training Course Overview
This Objective-C training course covers the following topics. For a complete list of all topics covered, scroll down to view the complete course outline.
- Learning programming essentials including variables, primitives, conditionals, and loops
- Understanding Collection Objects including NSArrays, NSDictionaries, and NSSets
- Using Fast Enumeration.
- Working with user-defined Classes
- Understanding Object-Oriented messaging, Inheritance, and Polymorphism.
- Using Dynamic Binding and Dynamic Typing
- Working with classes and data structures in the Foundation Framework.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Objective-C Programming for iOS Development Training Course Outline
- Working with Variables and Data Types in Objective-C
- Writing basic programs
- Using the Console
- Using Expressions and Arithmetics
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, and Modulus
- Operators Sequence and Precedence
- Type conversions with mixed operations
- Assignment and Comparison operators
- Understanding Math Library functions
- Using Loops
- Using the For, While, and Do-While Loops
- Working with Nested Loops
- Using Break and Continue statements
- Working with Conditionals and Decision Making
- Using If, If-Else, and If-Else-If statements
- Understanding Nested Conditionals
- Working with Compound Relationals
- Using Boolean Variables
- Understanding the Switch Statement
- Working With Custom Classes
- Creating custom Classes with @interface
- Implementing custom classes with @implementation
- Creating Instance Variables and Instance Methods
- Understanding Getters & Setters for property values
- Instantiating Objects from Classes
- Executing Methods onto Objects
- Using a Self parameter
- Declaring Properties
- Synthesizing Accessor methods
- Working with and Understanding Inheritance
- Using Root Class, Super-class, Subclass
- Using Inheritance to share Variables and Methods
- Locating Methods in Classes
- Extending Classes through Inheritance
- Overriding Methods
- Using Super
- Understanding Class and Object Ownership
- Working with Memory Allocation
- Using Variable Scope
- Dynamic Binding, Typing, and Polymorphism
- Reusing method names in different classes
- Dynamic Type Binding
- Static Type Binding
- Querying of Objects and Classes at Runtime
- Using the ID type
- Understanding the Foundation Framework
- Number, String, and Array Objects
- Dictionary Objects
- Set Objects
- Using the File System
- Understanding NSFileManager
- Working with Directories
- Reading, writing, and copying files
- Working with NSData
- Understanding File-Paths and NSURL
- iOS App Development Introduction
- Creating your first iOS App
- Working with Interface Builder
- Creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- Using ViewControllers
- Understanding of the View Lifecycle
- Working with IBOutlets and IBActions
- Creating an interactive iOS App
Prerequisites for Objective-C Training for introductory iOS Development Training
No previous programming experience is required for this Objective-C training. Although experience with other programming languages is helpful, it is not required.
Participants must have an understanding of how to navigate through their computer operating system, including opening and saving files.
Information for Objective-C Training for introductory iOS Development Training
American Graphics Institute provides computers for use for class, although you may bring your own laptops if you prefer.
Objective-C Training Course Fee
The course rate for the three-day course is $1,450
You will receive a comprehensive course book for this Objective-C course.