How to Learn Excel
There are several methods to learn Excel, including online courses, in-person classes, private training, tutorials, classes, and boot camps.
Online Excel Courses
Online courses provide a convenient way for learning Excel, as you can gain new skills without needing to travel from your home or office. There are even online Excel courses with a live instructor. Learning Excel online offers several advantages:
- Flexibility: Online Excel courses allow you to learn from wherever you are located, so you do not need to travel. There is even flexibility with the time, as you can even take day or night Excel courses.
- Diverse Content: There are introductory, intermediate, and advanced Excel courses, and even an Excel bootcamp.
- Affordability: Many online Excel courses start at under $250 and include course materials and the option to retake the course at no additional cost.
- Certification: If you take an Excel course at a licensed school, you can receive a certificate of completion.
In-Person Excel Classes
Learning Excel in a traditional classroom setting is effective for those who prefer a structured environment and want to work with a live instructor in the same classroom. In-person Excel classes offer several benefits:
- Face-to-Face Interaction: You can work directly with a live instructor in the classroom,, asking questions, and receiving immediate feedback.
- Structured Curriculum: Instructors follow a structured curriculum designed to build Excel skills progressively
- Hands-on projects: In-class projects and assignments help you put your new skills to work right away.
- Networking: In-person classes provide opportunities to network with other class attendees and the instructor.
There are in-person Excel classes offered monthly by AGI and you will also find some community colleges and universities that offer adult education and professional development courses.
Private Excel Training
Private Excel training is a good option if you have highly specific objectives for learning, or are looking to obtain training for a group, with training that can be tailored to your specific needs. Some of the benefits of private Excel training:
- Customized Learning: Private Excel training is focused on the exact skills you need to learn, with a curriculum that is selected before the course.
- One-on-One Attention: An instructor that is dedicated to your goals can provide attention and answer questions that relate to the topics you wish to cover in the training.
- Learn Quickly: By creating a learning plan before a private course, you can progress more quickly through content that relates to your specific work.
You can schedule private Excel training at a time that is convenient to you, and depending upon your preference, it can be delivered on-site at your business or organization, in a classroom, or online.
Excel tutorials are a great resource for self-paced learning. There are written articles, video demonstrations, and interactive exercises with Excel tutorials. Tutorials can be a good choice for some for several reasons:
- Accessibility: Tutorials are free and easily accessible online, making them a cost-effective way to learn Excel.
- Learning at your own pace: Tutorials, guides and step-by-step instructions provide clear steps for learning, often with pictures and diagrams.
- On-demand learning: With Excel tutorials, you can choose specific topics or functions to learn based on your needs.
Along with the tutorials from AGI, there are also several others found on Microsoft official Excel web page.
Excel Boot Camps
If you are seeking an intensive deep-dive, Excel bootcamps are a good choice. There are several reason to consider an Excel bootcamp, including:
- Comprehensive Excel learning: The Excel bootcamps cover a wide range of Excel functions and tools in a condensed time frame, starting with introductory topics and progressing through advanced skills.
- Hands-On Practice: The bootcamps include hands-on exercises and real-world projects to reinforce learning, with feedback from a live instructor.
- Expert Guidance: Experienced instructors with deep Excel skills and teaching experience lead the bootcamps, helping you to learn more quickly.
There are many options for learning Excel, Learning Excel is an investment in your personal and professional growth. With many options for learning, you can find a method that suits your schedule, learning style, and goals. Whether online courses, in-person classes, private training, tutorials, or immersive boot camps, you can find a way to learn Excel.