All Web accessibility classes include
Certificate of Completion
Web Accessibility Training Class Online October 10, 2023 Introduction
Web Accessibility training course - Introduction
This Web accessibility training course is for web designers and web developers who need to build or revise websites to meet accessibility standards such as Section 508 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Discover how to make accessible websites while following standards for compliance, as well as using best practices that help all users to successfully navigate the web.
Web accessibility training class: introductory course topics
Lesson 1: The importance of web accessibility
- What is web accessibility?
- Benefits for those with and without disabilities
- Components of web accessibility
- Myths about web accessibility
- Technical and financial benefits
Lesson 2: Understanding web accessibility policies
- Public policy and accessibility
- Problems with accessibility
- Compliance and discrimination
- WCAG, Section 508, and ADA
- Understanding Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- WCAG Principle 1 - Perceivable
- WCAG Principle 2 - Operable
- WCAG Principle 3 - Understandable
- WCAG Principle 4 - Robust
Lesson 3: Using accessible web technologies
- HTML and XHTML
- Media Players
- XML and XSL
Lesson 4: Using assistive technologies
- Screen readers
- Talking and text-only browsers
- Screen magnification
- Website accessibility analysis
- Browser settings for testing
- Toolbars and favelets
Lesson 5: Creating accessible website content
- Guidelines for development
- Text equivalents for images
- Text equivalents for audio
- Making color accessible
- Creating accessible web tables
- Addressing flicker
Lesson 6: Building accessible website navigation
- Navigation considerations
- Reading order
- Heading navigation
- Skip navigation links
- Accessible frames
- Accessible image maps
- Layout and navigation
- Accessible web links
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web accessibility questions.
Why Web accessibility classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web accessibility quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Web accessibility training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Web accessibility experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Web accessibility class at no cost.