Reviews of our Web Accessibility training class - Advanced
Web Accessibility training class - Advanced - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 8 reviewers
"Useful accessibility workshop. This allows me to return to work with information to meet the many requirements for our agency site. Thanks." - Emily WSee all reviews for Web accessibility training
All Web accessibility classes include
Certificate of Completion
Web Accessibility training class - Advanced
Advanced web accessibility class
What you learn in this advanced live Web accessibility course
- Create interactive, accessible forms for the Web
- Use HTML to define accessible structure and meaning
- Add CSS to manage color, text, images and positioning
- Understand ARIA and its relationship to accessible HTML
- Choose from methods for testing web accessibility
Ways to attend this Web accessibility course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - contact us to schedule
Private Web accessibility classes for companies and groups
This Web accessibility class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn Web accessibility at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web accessibility by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Web accessibility training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Web accessibility.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Web accessibility courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Web Accessibility training class - Advanced - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
What you’ll learn in this advanced web accessibility training course:
- Review foundational principles of web accessibility
- Building accessible forms
- Using CSS for web accessibility
- Creating accessible PDFs
- ARIA attributes
- Testing for accessibility
Web accessibility training Cclass: Advanced course topics
Lesson 1: Reviewing web accessibility principles
- Defining accessibility
- Components of web accessibility
- Implementing accessibility
- WCAG, Section 508, and ADA
Lesson 2: Creating accessible web forms
- Data-input form guidelines for accessibility
- Accessible forms
- Mandatory fields, errors, and help
- PDF forms
- Form accessibility for the deaf
- Timed responses
Lesson 3: Adding CSS for accessibility
- The role of styles
- CSS accessibility basics
- Color and backgrounds
- Text and fonts
- Image replacement
- Layout and positioning
- Alternative stylesheets
- Nonscreen media
- Testing and validation
Lesson 5: Implementing PDF accessibility
- Adobe Reader features
- Tagged PDFs
- Making scanned PDF documents accessible
- Correcting tagging issues
- Using the Accessibility Checker
- Accessible PDF forms
Lesson 6: Understanding ARIA
- Introduction to ARIA
- ARIA and its relationship to HTML
- Overview of ARIA roles
- Using ARIA
- ARIA Examples
- Form Accessibility with ARIA
Lesson 6: Testing web accessibility
- Available web accessibility testing processes
- Algorithmic and judgment
- Software for accessibility checking
- Testing Accessibility
- Understanding reporting
- Making revisions based on testing reports
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web accessibility questions.
Custom and private Web accessibility classes
This Web accessibility course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Web accessibility classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Completion of the introductory to website accessibility class, or experience with all topics in the introductory course is required before this course.
Exceptional Web accessibility course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Web accessibility course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Web accessibility class at no additional cost for one year.
Web accessibility FAQ
Do I receive a Web accessibility certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Web accessibility class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Web accessibility questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Web accessibility.
Does this Web accessibility class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Web accessibility classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Web accessibility class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Web accessibility class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.