All Web accessibility classes include
Certificate of Completion
Web Accessibility Course Online September 24, 2024 Advanced
Web Accessibility training class - Advanced
This advanced Web Accessibility training is for web designers and developers who need to implement advanced accessibility in modern websites. This accessibility course builds on skills covered in the introductory class and is for those who work with more sophisticated content sites that must comply with the accessibility standards, including Section 508 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This course also includes coverage of emerging ARIA markup and requires either the introductory web accessibility course or knowledge of all topics listed in the introductory course.
Web accessibility training Cclass: Advanced course topics
Lesson 1: Reviewing web accessibility principles
- Defining accessibility
- Components of web accessibility
- Implementing accessibility
- WCAG, Section 508, and ADA
Lesson 2: Creating accessible web forms
- Data-input form guidelines for accessibility
- Accessible forms
- Mandatory fields, errors, and help
- PDF forms
- Form accessibility for the deaf
- Timed responses
Lesson 3: Adding CSS for accessibility
- The role of styles
- CSS accessibility basics
- Color and backgrounds
- Text and fonts
- Image replacement
- Layout and positioning
- Alternative stylesheets
- Nonscreen media
- Testing and validation
Lesson 5: Implementing PDF accessibility
- Adobe Reader features
- Tagged PDFs
- Making scanned PDF documents accessible
- Correcting tagging issues
- Using the Accessibility Checker
- Accessible PDF forms
Lesson 6: Understanding ARIA
- Introduction to ARIA
- ARIA and its relationship to HTML
- Overview of ARIA roles
- Using ARIA
- ARIA Examples
- Form Accessibility with ARIA
Lesson 6: Testing web accessibility
- Available web accessibility testing processes
- Algorithmic and judgment
- Software for accessibility checking
- Testing Accessibility
- Understanding reporting
- Making revisions based on testing reports
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web accessibility questions.
Why Web accessibility classes at AGI are the best option for you
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web accessibility quickly with our proven teaching methods.
- Exceptional curriculum: AGI has delivered Web accessibility training to thousands over 25 years.
- Expert instructors: Our instructors are Web accessibility experts and skilled educators.
- Small class sizes: Receive personalized attention with 10 or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for Free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the Web accessibility class at no cost.