Reviews of our CSS training course for web design - Introduction
CSS training course for web design - Introduction - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 1 reviewers
"Greg was an extremely knowledgeable and engaging instructor. He had a good handle on the material, presented it clearly and logically, and was patient answering all the (mostly mine!) questions." - Leila HSee all reviews for Web design classes
All Web design classes include
Certificate of Completion
CSS training course for web design - Introduction
CSS training course for web design - Introduction
In this Introduction to CSS training course, you learn how to leverage the power of Cascading Style Sheets and separate structure from content in your HTML documents. You’ll confidently learn how to use selectors, cascading, and inheritance. Designed for beginning users of CSS, this course will teach you to style text and position content while better understanding how CSS works.
What you learn in this introductory live CSS course
- Understand CSS fundamentals and CSS anatomy
- Get to know CSS Selectors
- Work with cascading and inheritance
- Style text effectively and efficiently
- Add backgrounds with colors and images
- Leverage CSS to position content and create layouts
Ways to attend this Web design course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule
Private Web design classes for companies and groups
This Web design class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn Web design at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn Web design by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered Web design training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with Web design.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching Web design courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
CSS training course for web design - Introduction - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
CSS training course - Introduction topics covered
The topics covered in this introductory CSS training course are separated into eight modules. These provide course participants with the foundational skills needed to create and format webpages using CSS and HTML. The topics covered include:
CSS Training Course: Overview of course topics
- Fundamentals of CSS
- Advantages of using CSS
- How to write CSS
- Your first CSS-enabled document
Understanding CSS anatomy
- Length and measurement
- Including CSS in a document
- Including an embedded style sheet
- Linking to external style sheets
- Doctypes and quirks mode
Understanding CSS Selectors
- Class and ID selectors
- The universal selector
- Descendant selectors
- Pseudo-classes 5
- Dynamic pseudo-classes
Working with CSS: Cascading and inheritance
- The cascade in cascading style sheets (CSS)
- The specificity of a selector
- !important rules
Styling Text with CSS
- Setting font faces
- Font families
- The font-size property
- Absolute and relative font Sizes
- Length and percentage font sizes
- The font shorthand property
- The font properties
- Line height
- Controlling spacing between letters and words
- Indenting text
- Horizontally aligning text
- Decorating text
- Transforming CASE
- Controlling white space
Styling backgrounds using CSS
- Background colors
- Background images
- Controlling position
- Using the center keyword
- Fixing a background image in place
- Background shorthand
Using CSS to position content
- Margins with multiple values
- Margin collapsing
- Horizontally aligning elements
- Border styles
- Border shorthand properties
- Setting dimensions
- Percentage measurements
- Minimum and maximum dimensions
- Overflowing content
- Floating content
- Floating box model
- Canceling floated content
- Vertically aligning content
- Subscript and superscript text
- The top, middle, and bottom keywords
- Percentage and length value
- Vertically aligning table content
- Absolute, relative, and fixed positioning
- The z-axis and the z-index Property
Creating complete layouts with CSS and HTML
- Creating the page with HTML
- Styling text and custom fonts
- Building the layout
- Gradient backgrounds
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your Web design questions.
No previous experience with CSS or HTML is required. This is an introductory CSS course.
Exceptional Web design course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This Web design course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the Web design class at no additional cost for one year.
Web design FAQ
Do I receive a Web design certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a Web design class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific Web design questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using Web design.
Does this Web design class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when Web design classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this Web design class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this Web design class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.