Reviews of our Advanced HTML course
Advanced HTML course - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 119 reviewers
"Todd was a great example of what you need when learning HTML. He was full of energy and made learning HTML fun. My computer ran a forced Windows update at the start of class but it was swapped out for me." - Monique PSee all reviews for HTML Courses
All HTML classes include
Certificate of Completion
Advanced HTML course
Advanced HTML Course
Advanced HTML course description
This advanced HTML class is for those who want to understand HTML and CSS capabilities better. This two-day advanced HTML training course combines learning new techniques with practicing them using hands-on exercises for building and maintaining websites with modern HTML5 and CSS3. This advanced HTML course covers sectioning elements and styling with CSS3. Some supporting technologies related to CSS3, such as Local Storage and Geolocation, are also covered. Previous experience with HTML and CSS is required before participating in this course. Please review the advanced HTML course prerequisites, at the bottom of this page, before registering. While this class does cover CSS3, if you are interested in a class focused entirely on Cascading Style Sheets, review the CSS training courses.
What you learn in this advanced live HTML course
- Understand the context and evolution of HTML to HTML5
- Decipher, use, and apply modern HTML markup
- Use best practices to create and include HTML forms
- Incorporate HTML video and audio online
- Explore the canvas element in HTML
- Choose from different methods for styling elements
Ways to attend this HTML course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online, or in-person at your location - contact us to schedule
Private HTML classes for companies and groups
This HTML class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn HTML at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn HTML by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered HTML training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with HTML.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching HTML courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Advanced HTML course - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Advanced HTML course - Topics covered
Defining modern HTML
- History and overview
Overview of advanced HTML functionality
- New markup and elements (header, footer, nav elements)
- Form elements
- Video and audio tags
- Canvas element
- Styling with CSS3
- Offline support
- Web forms
- HTML and web browsers, the roadmap
Advanced HTML markup
- Using the HTML5 doctype and character encoding
- Using the <header> element
- Using the <nav> element
- Understanding the <article> element
- Working with <section> element
- Working with dates and caption
- Understanding the Role attribute
Creating advanced HTML forms
- Working with new input types
- Range and number
- Search Fields
- Date Pickers
- Placeholder text
- HTML 4 fallbacks for forms
Working with the video and audio tags
- Video basics (Codecs and browser support)
- Working with the video element
- Video attributes (autoplay, preloading, looping)
- Using the audio element
- Audio MIME types and fallbacks
- Improving accessibility
Working with the canvas element in HTML
- The role (and limitations) of the canvas element
- Creating fallbacks (browser support)
- Understanding the coordinate system
- Fills and strokes
- A Drawing loop
- Adding interactivity
- PNG-based sprite animation
Styling HTML elements
- Working with CSS
- Browser support and testing
- Text effects
- Sizing and positioning
- Web fonts
Advanced HTML Applications and Interactivity
- Understanding HTML5’s offline capabilities
- HTML storage
- Geolocation API
- Web Sockets
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your HTML questions.
Advanced HTML class prerequisites
Prior knowledge of building HTML sites with CSS is highly recommended for this HTML course. If you are new to HTML, you should first take the introductory HTML training course or if you are self-taught, please make certain you are familiar with all the topics covered in the introductory HTML course. The material covered in the HTML Training Class provides a solid foundation for learning HTML5 and fully relates to everything you will learn in our HTML5 training class.
Exceptional HTML course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This HTML course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the HTML class at no additional cost for one year.
Do I receive a HTML certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a HTML class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific HTML questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using HTML.
Does this HTML class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when HTML classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this HTML class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this HTML class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.