All Excel classes include
Certificate of Completion
Excel class - Advanced
Excel Class - Advanced
Learn to work with complex data sets and perform advanced analysis in this advanced Excel course. Discover more advanced functionality for Pivot Tables, and find ways to automate repetitive tasks. Learn how to use advanced tools for analysis, functions, and formatting.
What you learn in the advanced Excel course
- Locking Cells: Learn to lock rows or columns with mixed cell referencing, which is helpful with formulas that span multiple rows or columns.
- Auditing Cells: Find out options to discover errors within formulas for errors and trace for dependent and precedent values.
- Advanced Conditional Formatting: Discover ways to automatically apply conditional formatting in Excel using formulas, such as all positive values appearing as green and all negative values appearing as red.
- Nested IF Statements: Go beyond the standard IF statements limited to either TRUE or FALSE. Use nested IF statements to include multiple options. For example, a teacher can evaluate cell values and have a range of 90 to 100 report the grade as an "A" while 80-89 would report as a "B".
- AND/OR IF Statements: Create complex logic statements in Excel using AND/OR IF statements. These statements can match either one conditional or multiple conditionals.
- Goal Seek: Find values needed to create a desired output across an Excel sheet or workbook. Use goal seek tool to find values necessary to meet a specific result, such as the amount necessary to meet a savings goal.
- Data Tables: Find out the impact of making changes to a single input impacts a targeted output, or build sensitivity analysis. Data Tables in Excel can show how compound interest can grow, allowing the exploration of various interest rates.
- Pivot Charts: Learn to visualize data compiled into Pivot Tables using Pivot Charts.
- MATCH VLOOKUP: Create a more powerful VLOOKUP by using the the MATCH function, which can locate the column input.
- MATCH INDEX: Find out how this flexible lookup makes it possible to perform a reverse lookup, and then discover how to combine two MATCH’s within the INDEX for building Excel formulas that are capable of data extraction.
- Hot Keys: If you prefer to work from your keyboard rather than a mouse, learn to create Hot Keys that automate functions and commands with a keystroke or combination of keystrokes. From text formatting to calculations, you can leave your mouse alone and perform Excel functions directly from your keyboard.
Options for attending this advanced Excel course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class.
- Live in person regularly scheduled Excel classes at AGI’s Boston or Philadelphia classroom with a live instructor in the same room.
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location or AGI's classrooms: call 781 376-6044 or contact us to schedule.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Excel class - Advanced - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
Advanced Excel class topics covered
The Advanced Microsoft Excel training course covers the following topics:
Working Across Sheets and Files
- Data consolidation
Pivot table calculations and charts
- Creating a PivotTable from a list or a table
- Customizing a PivotTable
- Refreshing a PivotTable
- Creating a calculation in a PivotTable
- Creating Pivot charts
- Creating a table from a list
- Using what-if analysis tools
Working with custom formats
- Locking cells
- Learn to lock rows or columns with mixed cell referencing
- Lock rows
- Lock columns
- Mixed cell referencing
- Custom number formats
Advanced conditional formatting
- Automatically apply conditional formatting
Nested IF statements:
- Beyond the standard IF statements
- Use nested IF statements to include multiple options
- Create complex logic statements
- Creating conditional or multiple conditionals
- Find values to create an output across an Excel sheet/workbook.
- Use a goal seek tool to find values to meet a specific result
- Impacting a targeted output
- Building sensitivity analysis
- Create a VLOOKUP by using the MATCH function
- Performing a reverse lookup
- Discovering how to combine two MATCH’s within the INDEX Data extraction
Working with Macros
- Auditing Cells
- Discovering errors within formulas
- Tracing for dependent and precedent values
- Go to special
- Automate functions and commands
- Text formatting to calculations using your keyboard
Advanced Excel course prerequisites
This course requires knowledge of Excel equivalent to the topics in our introductory and intermediate Excel Course, including knowledge of basic formulas and functions, charts, formatting, and absolute cell references. A computer with Excel is provided for use during the course for in-person training, or use your own computer for live online courses.
Advanced Excel Course materials
You will receive a comprehensive Excel course manual for this class.