Reviews of our PowerPoint Design Course
PowerPoint Design Course - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 6 reviewers
"I took the online version of the Acrobat class and Patti did a fantastic job of keeping the training interesting and the group engaged all day. We used our own equipment and a training room at our corporate offices for this training for our group." - Valerie CSee all reviews for PowerPoint Design Courses
All PowerPoint Design classes include
Certificate of Completion
PowerPoint Design Course
PowerPoint Design Course
AGI created this unique PowerPoint Design course to address the challenges of professionals responsible for crafting and presenting important content. Many business people struggle to create powerful decks that convey their message. This class breaks down the process of creating a successful deck into simple steps that help you build a presentation that impresses your audience and saves hours of time and frustration in the making. This PowerPoint class focuses on information and visual hierarchy; no previous graphic design experience is necessary. This class is successful for team training and can be customized to use your branded assets and templates. This class can also be adapted for Google Slides and Apple Keynote applications.
What you learn in live Microsoft PowerPoint Design class
- How to create and import powerful stories into Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working in the normal, outline, master, and presentation views
- Creating and using master layouts as design themes across all Office apps
- Understanding space, type, and color to help build powerful and pleasing designs
- Tips and tricks for using imagery and creating data visualizations
Ways to attend this PowerPoint Design course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - contact us at 781 376-6044 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
Private PowerPoint Design classes for companies and groups
This PowerPoint Design class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn PowerPoint Design at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn PowerPoint Design by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered PowerPoint Design training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with PowerPoint Design.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching PowerPoint Design courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
PowerPoint Design Course - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
PowerPoint Design: Course topics
Understanding the creative thinking process for PowerPoint slide design
- Starting your project before using PowerPoint
- Organizing your thoughts with a mind map
- Establishing your goal: what will the deck be great at?
- Designing a powerful PowerPoint deck
- Mapping the flow of your deck
- Using creative thinking skills to build content.
- Verifying your story
Building information architecture for your PowerPoint Design
- Information Hierarchy: Focusing on the key message
- Determine critical content
- Structure and edit content using easy, low-tech options
- Testing the structure of your PowerPoint content and design
Learning the PowerPoint workspace for design
- Taking advantage of alternate views
- Locating features you need for PowerPoint design
Using Outline Mode for Designing PowerPoint Content
- Working in outline mode to fine-tune text
- Rehearsing presentations
- Converting to navigation mode
Critical basics of PowerPoint for Design
- Cloning slides and content
- Using rulers and positioning
- Using guides
- Changing the arrangement of your elements
- Playing a PowerPoint deck
- Naming and saving your deck
- Changing PowerPoint slide sizes
- Design solutions for text running long
Using outline mode when designing in PowerPoint
- Working in outline mode to fine-tune your text
- Rehearsing your presentation
- Converting to navigation mode
Essential principles of Presentation design
- Understanding space and proportion in slide design
- Mathematical tricks for designing PowerPoint slides
- Tips for building better visual design
- Understanding and using asymmetric layouts in PowerPoint
- Utilizing the grid and understanding its importance in design
Typography for PowerPoint slide design
- Understanding type hierarchy
- Adjusting font styles and sizes
- Updating styles within a PowerPoint Design
- Using master slides to change all text
- Putting text on top of images and videos
Taking advantage of master slides when designing in PowerPoint
- Establishing text styles for your PowerPoint Design
- Establishing guides
- Inserting text and image placeholders
- Understanding the underlying slide structure
- Using master slide layouts
- Making changes to your master
- Making changes to multiple slides
- Changing background colors
Using images in PowerPoint slide designs
- Finding your presentation size for images
- Cropping images in PowerPoint
- Enhancing images used in slide designs
- Removing backgrounds from images
- Rotating and sizing images within PowerPoint
- Preferences and settings that effect imagery
- Creating animations
- Resources for locating high quality images
Build Ins, actions, and build outs
- Effectively using animation and transitions in PowerPoint
- Using the Animation pane
- Changing order and timing transitions
Creating, editing, and designing PowerPoint charts and graphs
- PowerPoint Data visualization options
- Creating a standard chart
- Editing chart data
- Changing the Chart (colors, fonts and more)
- Changing the value slide’s style
- Creating and editing Interactive charts
Creating and editing tables in PowerPoint
- Editing the number of rows and columns
- Changing text format
- Changing colors and borders in cells
- Using table styles for consistent design within PowerPoint
Adding video and audio to PowerPoint presentations
- Getting video into your presentation
- Accepted formats for interactive content
- Overlaying text on your video
- Adding audio to a slide
Importing and exporting a PowerPoint deck
- Saving your file
- Saving your PowerPoint deck as a PDF
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your PowerPoint Design questions.
PowerPoint Design Course Prerequisites
This class covers presentation design principles using PowerPoint. It is helpful to have a basic understanding of PowerPoint before participating in this course. If taking this class in our classrooms, a computer with PowerPoint is provided. We suggest you also have the PowerPoint application before starting the class to practice after the course.
Exceptional PowerPoint Design course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands of professionals over the last 20+ years. This PowerPoint Design course includes a copy of our PowerPoint Design curriculum with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the PowerPoint Design class at no additional cost for one year.
PowerPoint Design FAQ
Do I receive a PowerPoint Design certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a PowerPoint Design class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific PowerPoint Design questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using PowerPoint Design.
Does this PowerPoint Design class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when PowerPoint Design classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this PowerPoint Design class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this PowerPoint Design class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.