All Video Editing Courses for High Schoolers classes include
Certificate of Completion
Video Editing Course for High School Students
Video Editing Course
Learn to edit videos and create motion graphics in this summer course for high school students.
Students learn to work with the industry-standard tools in this field: Premiere Pro and After Effects. This program is ideal for high school students with a strong interest in video editing and motion graphics.
In video editing, students will leverage Premiere Pro to create video projects by editing video, combining clips, adding music, and more.
In motion graphics, students will leverage After Effects to create videos, animations, special effects, and more to make designs come to life.
Students will gain familiarity with all the key Adobe tools used by motion graphic designers and video editors in this course.
Video Editing Course for High School Students Topics Covered
- Learn to cut and edit video & audio
- Create a promotion video and integrate a logo graphic
- Use a layered Photoshop file to create a title card
- Add subtitles, effects, and transitions to enhance your videos
- Learn key video terminology
- Export your videos for sharing
- Create animations with graphics such as logos and photos
- Import and use layered files from Photoshop & Illustrator
- Animate the individual components of a logo
- Add transitions such as fade-ins & fade-outs
- Export your project to create an animated GIF
Video Editing Course for High School Students Additional Information
- Method of Delivery: Live Online. Live-streamed with the ability to ask questions and interact with instructor real-time.
- Prerequisites & Ages: No prior design experience is required.
- Computer: Live online attendees should have their own Mac or PC. We will assist with any software setup prior to the course.
Applications used for the video editing class for high school students
- Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing
- Adobe After Effects for special effects and animations
By the end of the video editing course, students will have gained
- Knowledge of video editing principles
- Basic knowledge of special effects
- Insight into the opportunities and challenges of a career in video editing and motion graphics
- A final project showcasing their work
Contact us for more information about this program.
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
Video Editing Course for High School Students Course Topics
Video Editing Using Premiere Pro
- Core concepts of digital video
- Navigating the Workspace
- Importing media
- Basic editing
- Creating transitions
- Using markers
- Applying effects and filters
- Creating titles
- Superimposing video
- Essential audio editing capabilities
- Exporting and rendering video for sharing and distribution
Motion Graphics and Special Effects Using After Effects
- Using the After Effects Interface
- Importing and organizing media
- Using Layers in After Effects
- Using Keyframes
- Working with Text
- Using Masking and Alpha Channels
- Using Effects
- Creating Motion Graphics
- Sharing files between After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Exporting from After Effects
Video Editing Class for High School Students After School - Sample Schedule for after school session
The after-school class section meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm EST.
6:00 pm - Workshops start: learn new topics and techniques
6:45 pm - Complete practice exercises
7:00 pm - Learn new topics and techniques
7:30pm - Individual or collaborative project work
7:45 pm - Complete, review and share projects
8:00 pm - Class ends
Web Design Class for High School Students Summer - Sample Daily Schedule for summer term
The summer class section meets daily from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm EST.
10:00 am - Workshops start: learn new topics and techniques
10:30 am - Complete practice exercises
10:45 am - Morning break
11:00 am - Learn new topics and techniques
11:45 pm - Project planning
12:30 pm - Individual or collaborative project work
12:45 pm - Complete, review and share projects
1:00 pm - Class ends for the day
About Video Editing
Video editors cut, move, and manipulate videos to create a completed video product. They put together video, photos, and layouts that emphasize the content of the photo itself, rather than the design of the layout being used. Basic stop-motion animation also falls within the video editing category. The key tools for video editing are Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro. In this course high school students learn to edit video using Adobe Premiere Pro.
About Motion Graphics
Motion graphics is about enhancing a multi-layered design through movement. For example, a motion graphics artist might create a beautiful layout, and then highlight each aspect of that layout in a specific sequence by manipulating individual elements in a way that brings the design to life. In this course high school students learn to create motion graphics using Adobe After Effects, a commonly used application for motion graphics professionals.
Questions about the video editing classes for high school students? Call us at: 781-376-6044.
Custom and private Video Editing Courses for High Schoolers classes
This Video Editing Courses for High Schoolers course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. Video Editing Courses for High Schoolers classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
Schedule for school-year term: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm for six weeks.
Schedule for summer term: Every weekday from 10:00 am — 1:00 pm for two weeks.
All times are Eastern.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class developed by the Adobe Certified Instructors at AGI. AGI instructors have created many of the official training guides and books for Adobe Systems.