Reviews of our WordPress training course - Advanced
WordPress training course - Advanced - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 141 reviewers
"Ben did an excellent job with presenting the WordPress material and making certain that the students were understanding everything. He also focused more on the areas that the students needed and wanted. I feel like I'm at a place where I can really use my WordPress skills. Ben provided us with a lot of great resources going forward and he emailed us additional training notes." - Tony BSee all reviews for WordPress Classes
All WordPress classes include
Certificate of Completion
WordPress training course - Advanced
WordPress Training Course - Advanced
This two-day advanced WordPress class is the second level in the WordPress training program at American Graphics Institute. This WordPress course builds upon the fundamentals covered in the introductory WordPress training. Concepts covered in this advanced WordPress course include customizing a WordPress site with a drag-and-drop page builder, utilizing child themes, and using a web inspector tool. This WordPress course also details the process of planning that should occur before embarking on creating or changing WordPress sites, as well as how to utilize the power of plugins for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Structural WordPress concepts include WordPress site backups and creating a development site for testing purposes. This WordPress training covers a wide range of valuable topics to any WordPress user while providing the hands-on practice necessary for growing proficiency and confidence in developing and managing sites built upon WordPress.
What you learn in this live, advanced WordPress course
- Customize themes and create child themes
- Improve a site’s SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Back up and restore a site from a backup
- Create a development site for testing and move it to production
- Understand and use different content types
- Troubleshoot issues and security best practices
See all course topics
Ways to attend this WordPress course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location. Call 781 376-6044 or contact us to schedule
Why learn WordPress at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn WordPress by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered WordPress training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with WordPress.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching WordPress courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
WordPress training course - Advanced - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
WordPress Class - Advanced training topics covered
- Customizing WordPress themes
- WordPress child themes
- Theme customization using a web inspector tool
- Using a drag-and-drop content builder
- WordPress SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Backing-up WordPress sites
- Restoring WordPress sites from a backup
- Creating a development WordPress sites for testing
- Moving WordPress sites from development to production environments
- Understanding and using content types
- Working with essential WordPress plugins
- Troubleshooting WordPress issues
- WordPress security best practices
- Planning a WordPress site
- WordPress Q&A: Answering site-specific WordPress questions
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your WordPress questions.
This advanced WordPress course is meant for those familiar with WordPress through the introductory WordPress training class or through experience building and managing WordPress sites. Participants should fully understand the WordPress dashboard and how to install WordPress themes, plugins, and widgets. Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS is also recommended. Completion of the introductory WordPress class along with the HTML course is recommended.
Exceptional WordPress course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This WordPress course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the WordPress class at no additional cost for one year.
Private WordPress classes for companies and groups
This WordPress class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Do I receive a WordPress certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a WordPress class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific WordPress questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using WordPress.
Does this WordPress class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when WordPress classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this WordPress class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this WordPress class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.