Reviews of our After Effects Bootcamp
After Effects Bootcamp - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 172 reviewers
"Alex was awesome, his pace and explanation on every After Effects topic was excellent. His tone made the class exciting and made it very easy to pay attention all throughout the training. I'd highly recommend this class to any other student! I took the class online." - Olivia SSee all reviews for After Effects classes & courses
All After Effects classes include
Certificate of Completion
After Effects Bootcamp
After Effects Bootcamp
After Effects Bootcamp: Course Summary
This comprehensive After Effects training teaches foundational topics through advanced skills over four consecutive days. The course covers the same materials as the introductory and advanced After Effects course and is delivered in a one-week intensive. Participants learn to create motion graphics and visual effects for film, video, and online use. It starts with entry-level topics and then migrates to more advanced skills as the week progresses. If you prefer to take the introductory and advanced courses separately, you can find dates for them in our site's After Effects classes section. All After Effects experienced, professionals lead classes with extensive backgrounds in effects, animation, broadcast, film, and media production. Our instructors are the authors of the After Effects Digital Classroom book, published by AGI.
What you learn in this live After Effects Bootcamp course
- Create animations and apply special effects
- Effectively navigate the After Effects workspace and windows
- Import, preview, and manage imported media
- Animate layer properties using keyframes
- Use Chroma Key for compositing, including green screen and mattes
- Composite 3D graphics with video using the camera tracker
- Apply advanced motion effects with time remapping and frame blending
- Integrate effects and animations with Premiere Pro and other video apps
See all course topics
Ways to attend this After Effects course
- Live online from your office or home
- Live in person at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - call 781 376-6044 or contact us to schedule
Why learn After Effects at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn After Effects by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered After Effects training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with After Effects.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching After Effects courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
After Effects Bootcamp - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
After Effects Bootcamp: Topics Covered
- Basics of working with digital video in After Effects
- Using the After Effects interface
- After Effects media management
- Using After Effects layers
- Using keyframes in After Effects
- Using text in Adobe After Effects
- Masking and alpha channels in Adobe After Effects
- Using effects in Adobe After Effects
- Introduction to After Effects 3D
- Outputting in Adobe After Effects
- Visual Effects workflow and presets
- Chroma keying
- Color correction
- Motion tracking
- Compound effects
- 3D camera tracking
- Time remapping
After Effects Bootcamp: Course topics
Digital Video basics using Adobe After Effects
- Analog versus digital
- Frame rate and resolution
- Storage space and system requirements
- Defining motion graphics
Learning the After Effects interface
- Creating a project
- Understanding the After Effects panel system
- Organizing the project window
- Understanding the composition window
- Working in the timeline window
- RAM Preview vs. standard preview
Media management in After Effects
- Importing media files
- Importing Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Previewing footage
- Previewing stills and video
- Previewing audio
- Trimming a video clip
- Using the interpret footage dialog box
- Looping an audio or video file
Using layers in Adobe After Effects
- Layer basics
- Layer options
- Creating a layer solid
- Understanding the layer switches
- Time stretch and frame blending
- Nesting compositions/layers using precomps
Using keyframes in Adobe After Effects
- Animation of layer properties using keyframes
- Using layer parenting to ease repetition
- Understanding motion paths
- Working with layer blending
- Controlling the speed of animations
- Easing principles
Using text in Adobe After Effects
- Creating text
- Character palette
- Paragraph palette
- Animating text with keyframes
- Animating text using presets
- Using Bridge with After Effects
Masking and alpha channels in Adobe After Effects
- Animating masks
- Working with alpha channels
- Track matte
Using Effects in Adobe After Effects
- Effect basics
- Animating effects
Introduction to 3D in After Effects
- Exploring the 3D capabilities and limitations of After Effects
- Creating 3D layers
- Using multiple viewports
- Understanding 3D Transform properties
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating and using lights
Outputting in Adobe After Effects
- Rendering from a composition to various formats
- Understanding the render queue
- Adjusting render settings
- Duplicating jobs in the render queue
- Creating render templates
- Exporting a project file
- Rendering an individual frame
- After Effects Workflow considerations
- Greenscreen shooting basics
- Using masks for compositing (garbage mattes)
- Using keylight
- Refining a matte
- Understanding motion tracking
- Motion tracking vs stabilization
- Setting a track point
- Using null objects
- Compositing 2D graphics
- Using the warp stabilizer
- Using the 3D camera tracker
- Compositing 3D graphics with video
- Understanding time remapping
- Slow motion effects
- Fast motion effects
- Using frame blending
- Adjusting tonality
- Advanced color adjustments
Rotoscoping video footage
- Manual rotoscoping
- Using the roto brush
- Painting on color
- Heat distortion
- Explosive effects
- Render output settings
- Output module templates
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your After Effects questions.
Custom and private After Effects classes
This After Effects course is available as a private class. Curriculum can be customized for your specific needs. After Effects classes can be delivered at your location, online, or in our classrooms. For more information, call 781-376-6044 to speak with a training consultant or contact us.
After Effects Bootcamp: Course prerequisites
We recommend you have the Adobe After Effects application before starting the class. You can purchase subscriptions to Creative Cloud or obtain a trial version from the Adobe website. If attending this class online, check system requirements to ensure you can run After Effects on your computer. Have After Effects installed before the start of class.
It is recommended that you have experience with basic Photoshop and Illustrator concepts, such as layers, vectors, and pixels.
After Effects Bootcamp: Course materials
Course participants receive a copy of the Adobe After Effects Digital Classroom book in digital format, written by our instructors. Our team of instructors has created many official training guides and books for Adobe Systems, and you have an opportunity to learn from the authors, contributors, and editors to this well-respected After Effects training book. You can view examples of some of the After Effects tutorials created by our training staff to gain a better understanding of the quality of our training materials.
Exceptional After Effects course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This After Effects course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the After Effects class at no additional cost for one year.
Private After Effects classes for companies and groups
This After Effects class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
After Effects FAQ
Do I receive a After Effects certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a After Effects class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific After Effects questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using After Effects.
Does this After Effects class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when After Effects classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this After Effects class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this After Effects class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.