Reviews of our HTML Course - Introduction
HTML Course - Introduction - Introduction rating: 5 stars from 119 reviewers
"Todd was a great example of what you need when learning HTML. He was full of energy and made learning HTML fun. My computer ran a forced Windows update at the start of class but it was swapped out for me." - Monique PSee all reviews for HTML Courses
All HTML classes include
Certificate of Completion
HTML Course - Introduction
HTML Course - Introduction
HTML Course - Introduction: Class overview
This is the introductory HTML course from our offering of Web design classes for those wanting to build and maintain websites using HTML and CSS. This is the best place to start if you are new to web design or web development. This two-day HTML course combines practical hands-on exercises with an overview of the HTML and CSS code and tools necessary for building and maintaining websites. Best practices, including understanding how to develop multiple browsers and devices, is emphasized. The HTML training course includes a copy of Web Design with HTML and CSS Digital Classroom book, published by AGI and Wiley. If you have questions, contact AGI about this HTML training class.
What you learn in this introductory live HTML course
- Discover the importance and the process of planning
- Use fundamental HTML, XHTML, and CSS to create pages
- Add graphics, color, and transparency to a web design
- Incorporate CSS (cascading style sheets) for formatting text
- Utilize CSS-P (cascading style sheet positioning) for layout
- Get introduced to interactivity and multimedia on the web
Ways to attend this HTML course
- Live online from your office or home as a regularly scheduled class
- Live in person as a regularly scheduled class at AGI’s classroom locations
- Private class, online or in-person, at your location - contact us at 781 376-6044 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
Private HTML classes for companies and groups
This HTML class is available as a private workshop for your company, group, or team. Use the contact form on this page or call 781 376-6044 to learn more about private classes.
Why learn HTML at AGI
- Hands-on learning: Learn HTML by doing, using our proven method to gain skills quickly.
- Proven curriculum: We have delivered HTML training to thousands.
- Our expert instructors are skilled educators and the best in class with HTML.
- Small class sizes: receive personalized attention with ten or fewer participants per class.
- Repeat for free: If you need a refresher or miss a class day, retake the class at no cost.
- Learn using proven methods: We have been teaching HTML courses for 20 years
This course is available individually or as part of these certificate programs:
HTML Course - Introduction - Course Dates
All classes are led by a live instructor. Class times listed are Eastern time.
HTML Course topics covered
Importance of planning process
- Web standards and its benefits
- How web pages work
- Service providers
- Information architecture
- UX design considerations
Web design tools
- Text editors
- Visual editors
- Root folders
Fundamentals of HTML, XHTML, and CSS
- Structure (HTML) and style (CSS)
- The aesthetic value of grid layouts
- The realities of grid layouts on the web
Graphics, color, & transparency
- Using graphics
- File size
- Image editors
Working with color
- Understanding web color space
- Understanding platform differences in color
- Best formats to save images and graphics with color
CSS for formatting text
- Creating and using CSS for text formatting
- Using Styles to define the information hierarchy
- Importance of styles for SEO
- Using DIVs as containers
- Creating an ID style
- ID vs. class styles for DIV tags
- Absolute positioning
- Styling DIVs with borders, background colors, and padding
- Integrating background images into a layout
- Understanding overlap and the z-index property
- Using relative position
- Creating a wireframe layout
- Adding the float and clear properties
- Adding and formatting content
Introduction to interactivity and multimedia
- Deprecated plug-ins you may encounter
- Designing for mobile & devices
- Introduction to HTML5 & CSS3 for multimedia
The course topics serve as an outline for the course. Instructors may adjust content based on the specific needs of each class, such as to answer your HTML questions.
HTML Class prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this HTML course.
Exceptional HTML course materials
Our proprietary curriculum has been proven effective in teaching [category short name] to thousands. You’ll receive our extensive written reference along with lesson files for you to continue your practice following the class. This HTML course includes a copy of our Digital Classroom book with many projects and exercises. You can see an example of the course materials created by our instructors by reviewing our HTML tutorials.
Repeat for free
If you need a refresher or miss a day of class, you can repeat the HTML class at no additional cost for one year.
Do I receive a HTML certificate?
AGI provides a certificate upon course completion, which can be shared on LinkedIn and verified digitally on the AGI website.
How many students are in a HTML class?
AGI limits its class sizes so that you receive personalized attention. Classes are limited to no more than 10 participants.
Can I get specific HTML questions answered in the class?
Yes, as a live class, you can ask the instructor questions about how you will be using HTML.
Does this HTML class include job placement support?
AGI provides job support only when HTML classes are taken as part of a longer-term certificate program, where AGI has a dedicated career counselor assigned to each certificate student.
Is this HTML class for Mac or Windows?
You can attend this HTML class using a Mac or Windows computer. The application itself has identical functionality for both. If attending in our classrooms, a computer will be provided using the operating system of your choice.