During the pandemic all in-person classes are delivered live online. You can retake the course in-person at no cost once our classrooms reopen. See how live online training works in this brief video.
All classes include
Certificate of Completion
UX Design Class in Boston on March 13, 2023
UX Design Course: UX Design Principles
In this UX class participants learn the core principles of UX design and gain an understanding of the UX design process. Learn all stages of the user experience design process, from determining a UX strategy, developing user scenarios, creating UX personas, UX research strategies, prioritizing content, developing an information architecture (IA), testing user interface (UI), and incorporating feedback. This UX design class provides a strong foundation for creating user-centered designs, whether in the fields of web design, app design, interface or product design.
UX Design Course: Introduction to User Experience Design Principles course outline
Lesson 1: UX design overview
How to incorporate essential design principles into your app or website.
- How design relates to usability and UX
- How usability relates to success of apps and websites
- Choosing a course project: your own app, website, or a concept
Lesson 2: Planning the UX of your app or website
An overview of the typical UX design workflow.
- Understanding the typical UX design workflow
- Applying design thinking techniques in order to brainstorm and collaborate
- Creating personas and scenarios to understand user needs
- Defining features
- Sketching navigation
- Creating basic information architecture
Lesson 3: UX design fundamentals
Discover online design fundamentals that help your users reach their goals.
- Basic design principles for a better user experience
- Principles of typography for UX
- Form considerations
Lesson 4: Sketching your screens for user experience
Using UX design fundamentals to build successful screens.
- Building the layout of your app or website
- Working in an iterative UX process
Lesson 5: Building a UX prototype
Training for creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity UX prototypes.
- Gathering input and reaction
- Narrowing the scope of the project
- Evolving the design
Lesson 6: Building a wireframe
Creating the layout for your app or website.
- Understanding what makes a good wireframe
- Creating an interactive wireframe
Lesson 7: Documentation, validation, and user testing
Testing designs and communicating UX with a development team.
- Final visual design and redlines
- Types of UX testing
- Creating clear and useful documentation